• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 22 ranks panthers second worst team in the league

micnificent28

3 minutes ago, Rubi said:

With all due respect

if this team wins 7-8 games it would be considered a very successful season for them ….

I disagree. Anything less than 9 won't be. They want a winning season this year. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Zod said:

I disagree. Anything less than 9 won't be. They want a winning season this year. 

I think the guys in Vegas are pretty close.  Think they have us at 7.5.    

never know how the ball bounces though.  We could get lucky.  But I think 9 is pushing the ceiling though.   

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, CRA said:

We won 5 games largely without CMC last year.  But we won only 5 games with him the year prior. 

and people outside Carolina don't view Sam as an upgrade over Teddy. 

Is that kinda like "league sources"?  Im not aware of the media slamming the move or calling out the front office.  Unsure of the success or failure, but most agree this is mutually beneficial to QB and Team.  You dont have to cheerlead or homer it up for Sam, but this Teddy defense is getting weird.

1 hour ago, Rubi said:

With all due respect

if this team wins 7-8 games it would be considered a very successful season for them ….

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Respecrfully, Zod is correct.  We literally lost 8 games on the last drive with a chance to tie or win, mostly due to incompetent QB play.  It probably all wasn't on Teddy, as Brady was new to his role as well, but most of it was...  and a lot of the reason those games came down to that last drive were missed opportunities earlier in the game due to Teddy's conservative style...  if Darnold doesn't move the needle in any other way except for being willing to throw the ball downfield and not making mistakes in the redzone, this team will be a 9 win team, EASY.

17 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Is that kinda like "league sources"?  Im not aware of the media slamming the move or calling out the front office.  Unsure of the success or failure, but most agree this is mutually beneficial to QB and Team.  You dont have to cheerlead or homer it up for Sam, but this Teddy defense is getting weird.

Well, if any other team in the NFL coming off back to back 5 win seasons added Sam Darnold to put behind their weak OL......what would we be saying about that plan and their outlook? 

Who is defending Teddy? I was a PJ Walker guy last year. 

11 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

No this isn't a Madden says we're bad it must mean we suck post. I just find it interesting to see what they think of us. I know we only won 5 games but a lot of those could have easily been wins. We gave the chiefs all they could handle. Second worst team in the league is disrespectful.

I don't disagree, and I am not maligning you for posting it.  In fact, I think the topic is funny only because the rankings are firmly between based on last year and arbitrary, as are almost all of them right now.  My post was aimed at those who would wring their hands over such things as if they actually mean anything. 

I don't really take much of what anybody predicts seriously, including my own. Ultimately, that stuff will be settled on NFL fields this fall and winter. 

In my lowly opinion, given that this team overachieved last year, is extremely young, on paper strengthened a defense that was already coming together at the end of the year, but still has questions in a couple of key areas (QB and OL), ranking them second worst is almost as crazy as ranking them second best.  Especially given the number of "troubled" teams combined with a history of knowing a couple that we do not think are troubled will become so over the course of the year.  As CRA posted, the Vegas line seems like a reasonable expectation before a single ball is snapped, if there is such a thing as a reasonable expectation for a team like this.

Edited by Sgt Schultz
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think the guys in Vegas are pretty close.  Think they have us at 7.5.    

never know how the ball bounces though.  We could get lucky.  But I think 9 is pushing the ceiling though.   

I agree with this 

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Respecrfully, Zod is correct.  We literally lost 8 games on the last drive with a chance to tie or win, mostly due to incompetent QB play.  It probably all wasn't on Teddy, as Brady was new to his role as well, but most of it was...  and a lot of the reason those games came down to that last drive were missed opportunities earlier in the game due to Teddy's conservative style...  if Darnold doesn't move the needle in any other way except for being willing to throw the ball downfield and not making mistakes in the redzone, this team will be a 9 win team, EASY.

This team is lacking talent in some pretty big areas. I don’t mind eating crow in couple of months but Darnold is what he is and the OLine is gonna be an issue. 

I think they’re a QB and one more off season away from being an NFC South contender 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Have a feeling we'd be rated higher with Fields as QB.

That decision, I think, will haunt the rest of Rhules tenure.

Like I've said, there was nothing wrong with having Darnold AND Fields.

Fields was my #1, but Horn was right there with him, but I figured we wouldn't have a shot at Fields when we picked anyway, so that made it a difficult decision for me once we were on the clock.

That being said, what if Horn becomes the best shutdown CB in the league, regardless of what Fields does?  I didn't believe in Darnold at all since college, and my opinion won't change much until we see production and change in real games, but if he ends up a Top 15 QB (which I don't believe he will until he proves me otherwise) we may have hit a homerun.

I still prefer dual threat QBs, but I'm hoping for the best...  and I will say, this staff has shown me enough that if Darnold bombs, they won't hesitate to do whatever it takes to right their wrongs there, so that is encouraging.

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Fields was my #1, but Horn was right there with him, but I figured we wouldn't have a shot at Fields when we picked anyway, so that made it a difficult decision for me once we were on the clock.

That being said, what if Horn becomes the best shutdown CB in the league, regardless of what Fields does?  I didn't believe in Darnold at all since college, and my opinion won't change much until we see production and change in real games, but if he ends up a Top 15 QB (which I don't believe he will until he proves me otherwise) we may have hit a homerun.

I still prefer dual threat QBs, but I'm hoping for the best...  and I will say, this staff has shown me enough that if Darnold bombs, they won't hesitate to do whatever it takes to right their wrongs there, so that is encouraging.

Darnold IS a dual threat QB. He can run. Is he 85% of what Cam/is/was? No.

Is Fields AND Justin Herbert better than Darnold? Hmph...

They could have kept their franchise QB and still made all these great picks on defense like they have, love that, but they've f'd up the QB position, willingly. Mistake.

• Pie 3