• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"There will be repercussions"

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I can't find much I like about Rhule or Tepper. 

He better get to the Super Bowl by the end of year 5.

*looks confused*

Because you can't stand coaches who impose discipline and hold their players accountable?

Seriously, you might not like Rhule, but *this* is the incident you are highlighting as what you don't like about him?

Substitute any other coach in the league into this situation and let the story stay the same and tell me what your complaint is.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Tepper definitely. Can't stand him. Would much rather have had local ownership. 

Rhule, if 0 was I hate him and 10 was I think he is the perfect coach for us I put him at 5 or 6.

There's just something off there on top of moves like today, cutting the safety for making a football play. (I can't cut a kid for making a play even if over aggressive in the first week. If it had been during the regular season? Better argument) I'm also still not sold on his staff. 

Lots of things.

I simply do not agree with you. 

You seem to have this idea of a utopia, local 2nd ownership , and a coach never doing anything that you wouldn't do. 

We don't live in a universe such as that. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

I simply do not agree with you. 

You seem to have this idea of a perfect coach, local, and never doing anything that you wouldn't do. 

We don't live in a universe such as that. 

I wanted Robert Saleh honestly. 

Tepper, he's too involved in the wrong ways like Dan Snyder. 

Soccer should never be played in that stadium. Getting rid of people's seats many of which have been sitting there since 1996.

i don't like the idea of a stadium in South Carolina. 

So Tepper I can't stand. 

Rhule I'm open to. But for me the jury is still out. 

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Tepper definitely. Can't stand him. Would much rather have had local ownership. 

Rhule, if 0 was I hate him and 10 was I think he is the perfect coach for us I put him at 5 or 6.

There's just something off there on top of moves like today, cutting the safety for making a football play. (I can't cut a kid for making a play even if over aggressive in the first week. If it had been during the regular season? Better argument) I'm also still not sold on his staff. 

Lots of things.

Yeah, cutting an undrafted rookie safety for injuring a WR during non contact practice without pads was a terrible move. Probably set us back years…

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Soccer should never be played in that stadium. Getting rid of people's seats many of which have been sitting there since 1996.

So Tepper I can't stand. 

Surely you did not just try to equate Tepper with Dan Snyder.  That can't be what you just did, right?

The two couldn't be any more different.

And what's the problem with other events going on at BofA?  I think it's a good thing.  I'm pretty sure most folks would agree that getting more use out of your stadium is a win for the community as a whole.  No one is forcing you (or any other Panthers fan) to attend these events.  Pretty sure you'll see a stadium full of Garth Brooks and Elton John fans who are thrilled to be there.

• Pie 1

So Tepper I can't stand. 

We have no indication that Saleh is going to be a better coach than Rhule. They are likely both good coaches.

As far as no soccer in the stadium, does that mean you are in favor of raising taxes to have a soccer-only stadium built? Personally, I think it's a smart use of existing facilities. Good on Charlotte for getting a major soccer franchise.

We'll see if a stadium ends up in SC. I highly doubt it will, although the idea of it will serve as proper leverage for future negotiations.

So, what specifically has Tepper done that you can't stand? Despite what you have indicated, he has not been personally involved in personnel decisions. Sure, he's said he'd like a franchise QB and would go all out for one, but he's letting Fit and Rhule determine how that takes place.

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

We have no indication that Saleh is going to be a better coach than Rhule. They are likely both good coaches.

As far as no soccer in the stadium, does that mean you are in favor of raising taxes to have a soccer-only stadium built? Personally, I think it's a smart use of existing facilities. Good on Charlotte for getting a major soccer franchise.

We'll see if a stadium ends up in SC. I highly doubt it will, although the idea of it will serve as proper leverage for future negotiations.

So, what specifically has Tepper done that you can't stand? Despite what you have indicated, he has not been personally involved in personnel decisions. Sure, he's said he'd like a franchise QB and would go all out for one, but he's letting Fit and Rhule determine how that takes place.

Soccer can be played at Memorial Stadium or UNCC.

I also don't like moving the practice facilities to SC.

The removal of the end zone seats was pure BS.

He seems to meddle in Personnel decisions more than I would like. 

Also my personal opinion is the most successful pro franchises are ones that the owner doesn't try to turn it into the highest profit margin team but one where everything is spent on people facilities and winning. I don't think Tepper is that guy. I think he's George Shinn.

• Poo 1

Tepper is so night and day from Richardson.  We are lucky to have him as far as I am concerned.

Rhule is a find also and I am convinced he will find success here.  I was a little concerned last year that his coaching staff lacked in NFL experience.  And I think some of the criticism coming from Teddy was legit.  Other than that he commands respect and players like playing for him and he is not as asshole prima donna so he has that going for him.

In terms of the fight, I have to say that Anderson bringing some fire really is encouraging.  He had great numbers but seemed to coast a bit in the second half and tire of the checkdowns.  Marshall may be pushing him also.

• Pie 1