• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Thoughts and musings

Zod

Erving...yeah it's hard to block Burns, but I'm not hearing much negativity about him so far.  I was hoping Trent would emerge, since he's also someone you don't hear much negativity but it may be limited reps with the first team.  Seemed like he was pretty decent when he got in games last year.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tell me more about Christensen. What type of "very raw" are we talking about here? Like this guy needs work on technique and adjusting to the NFL, but shows the physical talent type "very raw" or the why the fug did Hurney draft this guy in the 2nd round type "very raw"?

Tends to get knocked back pretty far on initial contact. Tends to hold on too long to where it's very noticeable. Saw at least two hands to the face.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Today was an almost perfect day to attend Carolina Panthers training camp. Perfect weather, players were in pads, and practice took place on the near field. Really it was a trifecta of good fortune I am very much appreciative of.  On with the thoughts and musings. 

- The starting offensive line was most commonly:  Erving - Eiflen - Paradis - Miller - Moton . I would be shocked if this was not our week one offensive line. The right side of the line played superior to the left, as you can imagine. 

- Moton took all of his reps at RT for the entire day. 

- Brady Christensen also took all his reps at RT on the second string. Christensen still looked very raw to me. He isn't close to being starting material on the right side and won't be playing on the left anytime soon. 

- Robby Anderson is playing with a big chip on his shoulder. Perhaps he is responding to the added competition in the form of Terrace Marshall Jr. After a nice one on one drill, Robby let some emotion out by punting the ball straight up in the air. 

- Derrick Brown is an absolute beast. In one on one drills he basically just bull dozes anyone in front of him and there isn't much they can do about it. This guy is going to have a monster year. 

- The Darnold to Arnold connection is developing quickly. With each passing day the chemistry between them can literally be seen growing. I am having to now temper my expectations. 

- Speaking of Sam Darnold, today was his best day yet. He looked poised, in control, and threw some of the best passes I have seen in camp in many seasons. Still, there were also plenty of sacks from him holding on to the ball too long. I am hoping this will work itself out as he gets more comfortable with the play book. 

- Brian Burns was a force all day today. He lined up on both the left and right side where he got multiple sacks on the day. Mostly against Erving but one also against Moton. 

so you are saying playoffs right........

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1