• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Thoughts and musings

Zod

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's serviceable we can roll protections his way. I have to wonder if Christensen was further along if they would've rolled with Moton at LT and Christensen at RT.

Still could down the road.

Mind you, those are the kinds of decisions I'd really rather get made before the season starts.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Tends to get knocked back pretty far on initial contact. Tends to hold on too long to where it's very noticeable. Saw at least two hands to the face.

He was getting bull rushed by linebackers at the BYU level, not promising as a 24 year old rookie.  Also has some horrible BYU film falling forward on run plays. The only reach in the draft IMO

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tell me more about Christensen. What type of "very raw" are we talking about here? Like this guy needs work on technique and adjusting to the NFL, but shows the physical talent type "very raw" or the why the fug did Hurney draft this guy in the 2nd round type "very raw"?

I usually rely on you experts for comments but I believe he needs to get up to speed with the NFL and improve his techniques.  I don't think he is going to be Little 2.0.  All I've heard about Christensen was how athletic he is.  If that remains the same.  He'll adjust and improve. 

My $.02

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He was getting bull rushed by linebackers at the BYU level, not promising as a 24 year old rookie.  Also has some horrible BYU film falling forward on run plays. The only reach in the draft IMO

Was he? I’m no expert, but the clips I watched, he completely dominated in pass coverage. But, like you said, his run blocking needs a lot of work. 

• Beer 1

Not sure Deonte makes the team at this point.  Yea, he's big and physical, but historically we've asked our guards to be able to move.  Not sure last year really gave us the best read on our offense, but I can't see Deonte being able to do the sorts of things Norwell did as far as movement goes.

He looks like he'd be a great fit in a power run scheme, just not sure he's mobile enough for Joe Brady.  Maybe we keep him around for first and goal from the 2.  Hard to argue that our red zone offense was worth a dime last year.