• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have no fear

CPsinceDay1

The underdog is here:

Malik Willis

The next Vick:

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/malik-willis-atlanta-falcons-michael-vick-nfl-qb-liberty-next

Malik Willis could potentially become this season's breakout college football star at the quarterback spot during his second campaign as the full-time starter for the Flames. In 2020, Willis completed 64.2% of his passes for 2,250 yards, 20 touchdowns, and six interceptions. He also showed off his dual-threat ability with 944 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns. Another season in Hugh Freeze’s offense could help him elevate his play even more and some scouts have already compared his rapid ascension to that of BYU's Zach Wilson, who went No. 2 overall in April's NFL Draft to the New York Jets.-247sports Carolina's mock pick #9.

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-malik-willis-liberty-qb-offers-jalen-hurts-like-skill-set

What I liked: I wrote the word "explosive" in my notes numerous times while studying these three games. Willis has dynamic/quick hands and he generates incredible velocity on the football. He has a lot of juice/twitch in his feet during his setup and he is sudden to avoid and escape pressure to extend plays or take off. As a runner, he doesn't have elite top speed, but his short-area burst is impressive. He can explode through tacklers. He made several wow plays in these games. He drives small-window hole shots (between CB and safety playing Cover 2) from the far hash and flashes the ability to make some incredible cross-body throws on the move.

Willis looks like he playing 2 hand touch when he’s in the pocket!!!!! He’s the best I’ve seen escape in the pocket in a while. He’s on Russel Wilson’s level of feeling blind side pressure and keeping his eyes down the field while he’s buying time in the pocket. He does more than running the ball with his athleticism.

USATSI_15363922-1024x683-1.jpg

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Pie 2

8 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Not nearly as fast as Vick, but bigger. Every receiver he threw to was wide stinking open. He looks like a project to me. Frankly, he looks more like PJ than Vick.

If you put on the tape of him versus NC State from last season, you will start wondering about that hype train. Not saying the kid isn't talented but he definitely didn't look good in that game. He had a lot of success rushing the ball against Coastal Carolina but his passing was a little suspect.

Definitely a guy to keep an eye on to see if he improves a lot as a passer but there is no way I would rate him as a first round draft pick at the moment.

• Pie 2