• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?

iamhubby1

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Deshaun Watson on this team? All answers are made public.

• Yes. I want to win.
    • No. Sure I want to win. But not at the expense of my Compassion, nor my Mortal Soul.
    • Meh, I don't care one way or the other. I just like watching teh Foosball.
    • Other. If so, then why?

For the folks voting Yes. Would you be willing to walk up to your Wife/SO, Mother, Sister, Aunt, or Grandmother and say. "Sure, Watson is a serial abuser. But I want to win"?

For the record. The wife was pleased I voted no.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 10

1 minute ago, cardiackat88. said:

Gah dammit can we PLZ use a name trigger and call him "Bill Cosby" instead.

Sick of these discussions, its like COVID talk, just keeps coming back.

Does the rest of the real world kowtow to your every whim? Don't like the topic? There is a solution, or 2 that'll fix that.

If the price is right, the suspension isn’t lengthy and we get clarity on the motive behind all the reports and accusations coming out simultaneously, then yea why not. I still would like to know why all of them came out of literally now where so many at once simultaneous with the issues with the organization. Not trying to be little the women involved but not all of the information provided paints the full picture IMO.

• Pie 2

I'd rather see what Sam has, considering that he was the 3rd overall pick when he went in the draft and we got him on his rookie contract for just a 2nd. Even then, it's not going to matter much who is behind an OL that still needs answers at 3 (4 after Paradis' deal is up) of the 5 positions on it.

Plus, you know, Watson is a sexual predator. 😞 Man that pains me to say... but the truth hurts sometimes.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

No, there are other ways to win.  

Worst case this guy is a serial predator that plays football really well.  Best case he is creepy and plays football really well.  I think the truth is somewhere in between but who knows.  Not a lot of easy calculus for the front office and probably less straightforward than an A,B,C poll.  

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Does the rest of the real world kowtow to your every whim? Don't like the topic? There is a solution, or 2 that'll fix that.

Yaaaaaaaassssss quuuuuueeeeeeeennnnn

Or lets desperately trade for some dude who has massive legal battles that are well known and documented for months now and then bankrupt the entire franchise for him! Then in 2 years he can cry again on Twitter about the Newton-esque pummeling he took, all while we cannot afford to pay anyone because all our money is tied up in him.

Brilliant idea!