• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?

iamhubby1

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Deshaun Watson on this team? All answers are made public.

• Yes. I want to win.
    • No. Sure I want to win. But not at the expense of my Compassion, nor my Mortal Soul.
    • Meh, I don't care one way or the other. I just like watching teh Foosball.
    • Other. If so, then why?

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'd rather see what Sam has, considering that he was the 3rd overall pick when he went in the draft and we got him on his rookie contract for just a 2nd. Even then, it's not going to matter much who is behind an OL that still needs answers at 3 (4 after Paradis' deal is up) of the 5 positions on it.

Plus, you know, Watson is a sexual predator. 😞 Man that pains me to say... but the truth hurts sometimes.

Sure Watson is good. But we are still rebuilding. The cost to bring him in, irregardless of his personal issues, is too great for us at this time.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Has Watson been convicted of anything?

No he has not, friend lawyer of the owner was leading the charge on this when he originally wanted to opt out. 

Last I heard a few of these women didn't want to go public which could lead to a dismissal. 

Its also still a civil matter versus criminal. So until proven guilty, I'd be ok adding a bona-fide star QB versus hoping we resurrect Sam.

I personally wanted Fields. 

• Pie 1

I really don't care what goes on in players' personal lives if they aren't being convicted of crimes, frankly. None of our business and we'll never know the actual facts of any of the situations.

That being said, in this league PR is a factor and so is NFL discipline. I don't really want him at this point because you can't have a franchise QB with a tarnished image like that or who is at risk of being suspended or put on the exempt list at any time. And whether he's innocent or guilty he's definitely shown poor judgement and that could easily harm the team in the future. So I'd say no, unless the cost of acquisition was too good to pass up to make it work the risks (which it won't be).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

I really don't care what goes on in players' personal lives if they aren't being convicted of crimes, frankly. None of our business and we'll never know the actual facts of any of the situations.

That being said, in this league PR is a factor and so is NFL discipline. I don't really want him at this point because you can't have a franchise QB with a tarnished image like that or who is at risk of being suspended or put on the exempt list at any time. And whether he's innocent or guilty he's definitely shown poor judgement and that could easily harm the team in the future. So I'd say no, unless the cost of acquisition was too good to pass up to make it work the risks (which it won't be).

Right now, a lot of folks would take him in a heart beat. If he didn't cost so much, and he didn't have legal issues. But he does, and he does.

IF he some how miraculously comes out of this unscathed? Then the Watson sweepstakes will be back on.

But IF he takes the fall, he will be toxic for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

IF he some how miraculously comes out of this unscathed? Then the Watson sweepstakes will be back on.

The Eagles are reported to have definite interest and have three first round picks to give next year. Plus unlike us, their owner is actually more than willing to interfere in football matters and has a GM who will happily cover for him when he does.

If there is a sweepstakes, I don't see anybody beating what Philly can offer.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

But IF he takes the fall, he will be toxic for quite some time.

toxic for a long time in the NFL is like a year.....if you can play at a high level. 

and no, I don't want Watson at this point.  But Watson isn't a unicorn.  Lot of dudes in this league do shameful things we wouldn't want to sit down with our kids and go....but he makes plays and is fun to watch so let's just move on.  Which basically every fanbase will do to some degree.