• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?

iamhubby1

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Deshaun Watson on this team? All answers are made public.

• Yes. I want to win.
    • No. Sure I want to win. But not at the expense of my Compassion, nor my Mortal Soul.
    • Meh, I don't care one way or the other. I just like watching teh Foosball.
    • Other. If so, then why?

I really have no idea why people are debating the finer points of the allegations/charges/etc. That stuff is going to sort itself out and we will eventually see what the result is. Unless someone here knows any of these details personally or is somehow connected to these proceedings, it's kind of ridiculous to even speculate. 

I can understand breaking down someone's specific point of view by the "did he or didn't he" end result but I really can't understand the need to play the case out in a message board of people who literally have next to no idea what transpired.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Until he's convicted these are just allegations.  Civil suits, no matter the number or outcome or use of NDAs, does not equal guilt.  Thats not my opinion, its the law. As citizens if the united states we should all be afforded as much.

This is a business. 

Tell me, OJ Simpson was found to be innocent in a court of law.  Would you hire him to be your company's spokesperson? 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Feel better? So I made a mistake. I owned up. 

You are the one getting all worked up. Sorry you are having a bad time.

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Your comfort absolutely plays into this. Are you comfortable with a serial abuser running your Offense. If so, then you are probably in the minority.

And he does not have to be charged with anything. Here is still responsible for his own actions. And those actions were reprehensible to 20+ women.

Here’s another post where you so confidently state things as fact, but it’s nothing more than your effeminate feelings. 

2 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Until he's convicted these are just allegations.  Civil suits, no matter the number or outcome or use of NDAs, does not equal guilt.  Thats not my opinion, its the law. As citizens if the united states we should all be afforded as much.

And that's fine. Your opinion matters. So do the perceptions of those 20+ women.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That stuff is going to sort itself out and we will eventually see what the result is. 

Yes it will, but until it does the risk involved in trading for him is enormous.

That no team in the NFL is currently willing to take that risk should tell everyone just how huge it is.

5 minutes ago, travisura said:

Folks on here won't stop until we either

A. Sign him or

B. Improve our QB situation to a point where we feel we don't need him.

Until then there will be a thread every other day.

Only A. would actually stop him. I would guarantee that even if we drafted some young stud QB in 2022, there would be at least a couple of posters still talking about how we should have gotten Watson instead. 

The Huddle will always do with it does best.....Huddle.

Just now, MHS831 said:

The NFL does not have to give him social justice--that is for the courts.  When they drag out a case, you should wait to see how it turns out.  But this is a business.

Tell me, OJ Simpson was found to be innocent in a court of law.  Would you hire him to be your company's spokesperson? 

terrible analog. 

I really have no idea why people are debating the finer points of the allegations/charges/etc. That stuff is going to sort itself out and we will eventually see what the result is. Unless someone here knows any of these details personally or is somehow connected to these proceedings, it's kind of ridiculous to even speculate. 

I can understand breaking down someone's specific point of view by the "did he or didn't he" end result but I really can't understand the need to play the case out in a message board of people who literally have next to no idea what transpired.

Well said.  I have no idea who he is or is not and I am not about to venture into that world. 

Only A. would actually stop him. I would guarantee that even if we drafted some young stud QB in 2022, there would be at least a couple of posters still talking about how we should have gotten Watson instead. 

The Huddle will always do with it does best.....Huddle.

I'm sure if we win the Super Bowl, there'll be people ready to tell us that we could have won it even better.

Those will be dumb people of course, but hey...

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes it will, but until it does the risk involved in trading for him is enormous.

That no team in the NFL is currently willing to take that risk should tell everyone just how huge it is.

Yeah, I mean that much is pretty obvious, I would think. I understand the "buy low" crowd thinks now might be the time to strike but there isn't a team in the NFL that is going to make a deal for him until the entire ordeal is sorted out or at least behind the scenes there are some assurances about the result and the NFL's plan for him.