• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?

iamhubby1

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Deshaun Watson on this team? All answers are made public.

• Yes. I want to win.
    • No. Sure I want to win. But not at the expense of my Compassion, nor my Mortal Soul.
    • Meh, I don't care one way or the other. I just like watching teh Foosball.
    • Other. If so, then why?

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It’s funny how Rodgers is a whiny bitch but everyone wants Watson legal troubles aside, who whines for the same reasons - both after willingly signing a contract.

Its hard enough to root for a whiny bitch but combine that with his legal BS?

I guess at the end of the day no one can control all these shitty characters playing NFL, gotta look at it entertainment wise and not look at these athletes as some sort of moral compass.

I wouldn’t care if he came here but the price scares me and it’d have to be after all this legal BS or stipulated for a reasonable price.

Pretty much the prevailing sentiment around here. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

So assaulting people and putting them in the hospital is bad.  But not that bad.   Well, bad if I did it.   Not that bad if a football player does it vs all sorts of other things. 

is Watson getting off in front of women just trying to do their job better or worse than beating a pregnant woman? 

I’m not asking you to answer that.  It is rhetorical.  

Point is simply NFL fans are consistently NFL fans….and it’s why Watson most likely plays again and everyone just moves on.   I hope if he does….that opportunity isn’t here. 

Dang dude, not everything has to be so cut and dried, or so literal. 

You got off on some wild tangent. And I have no idea how to continue this discussion.

I realize football is entertainment. As such, stars get better treatment. HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. I cannot change that. I can only rail against it.

Edit to add; I did not say it was bad. I said it was wrong. Come on man, stick to my words.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Dang dude, not everything has to be so cut and dried, or so literal. 

You got off on some wild tangent. And I have no idea how to continue this discussion.

I realize football is entertainment. As such, stars get better treatment. HOWEVER, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. I cannot change that. I can only rail against it.

Edit to add; I did not say it was bad. I said it was wrong. Come on man, stick to my words.

They are just thoughts.  They don’t really demand a response.  

football is just a weird space.  That’s all. 

• Beer 1

My opposition to Deshaun is first of all due to the accusations against him. Panthers have already had 3 strikes for abuse - Carruth, Hardy, JJR. I don't want to be a fan of a team that turns a blind eye to abuse.

Also, I want to give Darnold a chance, and fear the cost would be too high for a rebuilding team.

Finally, I could just see the league screwing the Panthers - we trade for him and he ends up on the exempt list / being banned forever. (Bad memories of the Hardy mess...)

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

My opposition to Deshaun is first of all due to the accusations against him. Panthers have already had 3 strikes for abuse - Carruth, Hardy, JJR. I don't want to be a fan of a team that turns a blind eye to abuse.

Also, I want to give Darnold a chance, and fear the cost would be too high for a rebuilding team.

Finally, I could just see the league screwing the Panthers - we trade for him and he ends up on the exempt list / being banned forever. (Bad memories of the Hardy mess...)

The Panther fan in me says, the price is too high.

The man in me says, it's a flat no.

Sadly, the NFL has a history of 2nd, and sometimes 3rd chances. This will probably turn into one more such deal.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, BuzzCity24 said:

What if Panthers get Watson and win the Super Bowl?

This isn't my answer to the poll question but just a general question.

IMO, there will be a number of ex Panther fans who may not give a poo.

My saving grace is that Tepper is not going to allow this type of player on his team.

58 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

My saving grace is that Tepper is not going to allow this type of player on his team

I'm not sure about where Tepper stands. He loves "distressed assets".

I'm more convinced Rhule would veto Deshaun.

Edited by KB_fan
  • Beer 1