• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?

iamhubby1

Deshaun Watson? Yes? No?, or Meh?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Deshaun Watson on this team? All answers are made public.

• Yes. I want to win.
    • No. Sure I want to win. But not at the expense of my Compassion, nor my Mortal Soul.
    • Meh, I don't care one way or the other. I just like watching teh Foosball.
    • Other. If so, then why?

9 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'm not sure about where Tepper stands. He loves "distressed assets".

I'm more convinced Rhule would veto Deshaun.

I don't see anything in Tepper's makeup that would make him ok with Watson. Or Rhule or Fitterer on multiple levels.

Those are financial distressed assets not personally 

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Let's be honest...

There are many male huddlers that would happily blow Watson any and every time he wanted, for him to be in a Panther jersey. 

That was a pretty disgusting thing you said about a 14 year old girl the other day my dude. If some fans wanted to blow Watson, at least he is of age.

• Pie 2

I voted NO other. 

His legal problems are not good but I just really like Sam at this point and want to see him succeed. I believe he can do this and I want to see him do it. I'm much happier giving him his shot at this time to save his career from his past than giving the same shot to Watson considering what his past is at the moment.

Sam feels more like a Panther's player to me now than Watson does and I don't think that will ever change. I think it would be difficult for me to have the same enthusiasm I'm feeling now for Sam. 

Go Darnold!

Go Panthers!!!

• Beer 1

So when preseason is over, does that officially put a lid on this stupid Watson talk?  He's NOT a Panther and, in-season, this forum is dedicated solely to the Panthers.  At this point, it's PURELY click bait until we get to the regular season...I get it.  Hopefully the mods will end this non-sense in a few weeks.   Currently Watson threads are worse than a re-occurring rash.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So when preseason is over, does that officially put a lid on this stupid Watson talk?  He's NOT a Panther and, in-season, this forum is dedicated solely to the Panthers.  At this point, it's PURELY click bait until we get to the regular season...I get it.  Hopefully the mods will end this non-sense in a few weeks.   Currently Watson threads are worse than a re-occurring rash.

Good post.

Watson isn't even available for trade...

...the hoi polloi have been fooled again 🤣😂😉

15 hours ago, TheoJay10 said:

If the price is right, the suspension isn’t lengthy and we get clarity on the motive behind all the reports and accusations coming out simultaneously, then yea why not. I still would like to know why all of them came out of literally now where so many at once simultaneous with the issues with the organization. Not trying to be little the women involved but not all of the information provided paints the full picture IMO.

It’s all about the price tag. I was against paying two first rounds or more before this mess. Now his rep is damaged and who knows how it all will play out. If we could get him for something less than a first, absolutely. Nothing more. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

IMO, there will be a number of ex Panther fans who may not give a poo.

My saving grace is that Tepper is not going to allow this type of player on his team.

I agree.   Was just a hypothetical question.  I see fans all the time not wanting guys like him on their respective teams,  but wondered what the reaction would be if said player was acquired and team won it all.   That's why honestly if Watson was acquired id not be happy but at end of day he'd be a Panther and i would hope for the best. 

• Beer 1

Winning solves everything. I can think of countless examples of winning solving off the field or other issues. 

If we can get him on a discount, I say we have no reason not to go for it. I understand the “let’s see what we have with Sam” crowd, but let’s be honesty. Whatever he shows this season won’t be better than what DeShaun can bring. 

If the Texans want just as much as before, flip them the bird and move on. 

Even if he is cleared I say no.

And I say that from a football standpoint.

If you have a problem with Deshaun the person well that's a personal thing. If he is guilty and still only gets just a suspension and a team picks him up, who should you be mad at? The football team that employs people to play and win football games or the people in court that still let him go with a slap on the wrist?

Regardless, it doesn't make sense to make that kind of move for the Panthers.