• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much would YOU pay?

PanthersATL

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Since it is an all included in a charity auction, I am not sure if that is the case or not. 

From the site:
Typically, the amount paid above the retail market value of the item is considered tax-deductible. The retail market value of an item is considered the cost of tangible goods and services received.  Winners receive a receipt containing the retail market value of their purchase that can be submitted to a tax professional for determining any tax-deductible amount. Please note that we're not tax experts and can't provide tax letters or tax advice.

If they paid $1000, but it included one night at the Ritz -- and the Ritz rate would be $500 normally, then they can only deduct the $500 above the cost of the hotel room.

Edited by PanthersATL
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

From the site:
Typically, the amount paid above the retail market value of the item is considered tax-deductible. The retail market value of an item is considered the cost of tangible goods and services received.  Winners receive a receipt containing the retail market value of their purchase that can be submitted to a tax professional for determining any tax-deductible amount. Please note that we're not tax experts and can't provide tax letters or tax advice.

If they paid $1000, but it included one night at the Ritz -- and the Ritz rate would be $500 normally, then they can only deduct the $500 above the cost of the hotel room.

Okay. Still should be a fairly sizeable amount, I would assume.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

As to the others, before I pay to catch a pass from a famous quarterback, I'm going to go back and review my high school career.

You know the saying "there's a reason you play defense"? Yeah...I played defense.

I'd essentially be paying to drop a pass from a famous quarterback.

Make sure that contract states you will catch the pass. Drop the ball every time. Tom gets pissed. You offer him an out for 120k. Profit. 

• Flames 1

What would YOU pay to catch a pass from....

-Delhomme

-Darnold

-Peete

-Cam

-Weinke

-Beuerlien

-Testaverde

-Brian St Pierre

I would sacrifice the lives of my entire family if it meant catching a pass from Brian St. Pierre

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Brian St Pierre could buy me a 12 pack of Mich Ultra and I might catch one from him. 

I wouldn’t pay a dime.  If I was mega wealthy and looking for a tax write off? I’m going to see the aliens with Jeff Bezos in space. 

• Beer 1