• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shout out to "The Roar" with John Ellis

The Huddler

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

ellis, love you man. I look at your stuff multiple times a day. I don't have a Twitter account and never intend to.

Some honest constructive criticism. If your account is going to put a noticeable emphasis on making light of and criticizing athletes then you are volunteering yourself for the same. 

Media is not above criticism when they engage in it daily.

To expand upon this, I was following on Twitter at one point. I opted to just put him on a list instead of following though due to what seemed like a regular dogging out players he doen't care for while fawning over the ones that he does (regardless of whether or not they're still on the roster).

Wasn't getting news as much as I was getting what I could have already gotten from the Huddle (while I was already taking a break from it).

Edited by Icege

31 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

ellis, love you man. I look at your stuff multiple times a day. I don't have a Twitter account and never intend to.

Some honest constructive criticism. If your account is going to put a noticeable emphasis on making light of and criticizing athletes then you are volunteering yourself for the same. 

What's the beef? Which player?

Edited by frankw

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

What's the beef? Which player?

Anything possible to bring negative light on Bridgewater while getting upset with Newton criticism .  That's the long standing one. Just seems time to let it go. Or at least don't be angry at criticism you've opened yourself up to by engaging in that realm.

I suppose this is just Twitter and I should move on too.

Edited by Moo Daeng

22 minutes ago, Icege said:

To expand upon this, I was following on Twitter at one point. I opted to just put him on a list instead of following though due to what seemed like a regular dogging out players he doen't care for while fawning over the ones that he does (regardless of whether or not they're still on the roster).

Wasn't getting news as much as I was getting what I could have already gotten from the Huddle (while I was already taking a break from it).

Did the same thing - like some of his content but his insistence of constantly posting every time a certain ex player chews gum drags on me big time.  Here and there is fine - but the amount of it is just a passive aggressive shot at the Panthers management and it gets old really really fast.   I'll still jump over there on occasion to see what he thinks of a practice or a move - but it gets old fast. 

Also - there is a such thing as too much content.  He goes on binges where there is really just TOO many posts and videos.  It floods my feed and in my limited time - I don't want to weed through it all.  

Hopefully he takes all this as constructive criticism because that truly is what it is. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Anything possible to bring negative light on Bridgewater while getting upset with Newton criticism .  That's the long standing one. Just seems time to let it go. Or at least don't be angry at criticism you've opened yourself up to by engaging in that realm.

It's a social media thing. Newton started his career here ten years ago and some people still like to get their digs in on him. There's even a recent thread from yesterday as an example of that. I agree he should move on though Teddy was only here one season any lingering animosity is just unhealthy. Some people take their affinity or dislike for one particular athlete to an extreme many of us as fans are guilty of it. Sports get too personal sometimes but fan is short for fanatic so it probably won't ever change.

9 hours ago, Obeg said:

Did the same thing - like some of his content but his insistence of constantly posting every time a certain ex player chews gum drags on me big time.  Here and there is fine - but the amount of it is just a passive aggressive shot at the Panthers management and it gets old really really fast.   I'll still jump over there on occasion to see what he thinks of a practice or a move - but it gets old fast. 

Also - there is a such thing as too much content.  He goes on binges where there is really just TOO many posts and videos.  It floods my feed and in my limited time - I don't want to weed through it all.  

Hopefully he takes all this as constructive criticism because that truly is what it is. 

I’ve heard worse, and I do appreciate constructive feedback. Sometimes, you need some perspective. 

9 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I’m a radio guy, at my core, so we run bits into the ground. It’s almost a parody of itself at this point. We spend far less time discussing former Panthers QB’s than we do providing film/clips/analysis on the current roster. 

I will never agree with everything any regime does. I don’t think I’ve been particularly unfair to Rhule or anyone else. I praised Scott Fitterer for a masterful work during the draft, re: riding down the board and still getting good players. 

Cam was great here. Teddy felt overpaid from day one. Neither would be ideal here now. So, whenever I say it’s a big year for Matt and Sam, I’m looking at progression and a positive lean to playoff-readiness. 

I do value the opinions here. I don’t think we are a toxic place for Panthers content, but yea, if you catch a thread of Teddy talk you’ll either say “spot on” or “ugh”. 

That topic makes up a tiny share of our content, minuscule to be honest. 

Looking forward to the season! Appreciate y’all. 

10 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I am NEVER above criticism. And I don’t make it a habit of making light of going after players. Teddy was a bad signing, and that’s on people other than Teddy. I can’t think of too many other players I’ve been hard on? I’ve actually built some fun relationships with many of the former and current guys here (Donnalley, Foster, Stewart, McClover, Luther Broughton, Jermaine Carter, CMC follows and likes our stuff). I actually spend more time cultivating and maintaining those relationships than I ever have being relentlessly unfair to anyone. It’s led me to a good place with respect to developing a somewhat small, but well respected circle of sources from around league. 

I do appreciate your perspective. Teddy’s not here, and I think it’s fair to let it go. Will do. 

Edited by ellis

9 hours ago, frankw said:

As far as criticism of mgmt that's a bit of a slippery slope. If you want content slanted toward unanimous praise you may as well stick with the official Panthers social media pages.

Certainly appreciate your understanding of this concept. We’ve said good things about Tep/Rhule/Scott/Dan Morgan, plenty of them. I just try to be fair, which involves being direct/critical as warranted. 

Tep has made a lot of big decisions over the last couple of years, and I think fans have every right to either say “just trust it” and stay the course, just as they can examine those moves with some level of scrutiny. 

I’m CERTAINLY not here to instruct fans on how to fan.