• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Sunday Thread

Zod

After listening to the post-practice interviews, I think that Rhule went out of his way to get some level-headed cerebral guys in Arnold and Reddick.

It wasn't lost on me that a big reason that Big Dan came here was Brady, and a big reason that Haason Reddick came here was Snow. Rhule made it happen, and from listening to these guys, there will be benefits. I think that Arnold might be a coach one day. I love how he approaches the actual nuances of the position. Reddick is just a smooth, cool cat who wants to get to the QB. Love everything about the pickups!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Zod said:

Hardly anyone there covering the team these days. Used to be a core group of 6 that did every practice. Now it's down to two, three if you count David newton. I am banned from shooting anything past stretching basically so it's really not worth the drive down. These are short sighted decisions by the team that will eventually be corrected when they figure out what we do actually helps them

Yeah coverage has been somewhat scant this season.

2 hours ago, panfanman said:

Slow day at practice?  2 hours in and not many notes.  Media must be stuck on I-85.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I-85 is a well maintained and always well flowing freeway. It is a model of everything the interstate highway system is, should, and aspires to be.  No one is ever stuck on it, they are experiencing it.

It would never be clogged with traffic even on a sunday morning.

I hope.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Here's a synopsis if you don't want to take the time to listen to the interviews today.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/quick-hits-robby-andersons-absence-early-camp-standouts-rb2-competition-more

I find it somewhat laughable that Rhule mentions CJ Saunders as a camp standout. He's the only one I've heard mention Saunders. Perhaps Saunders is a prime candidate for the practice squad. I think it's a case of Rhule being Rhule. No smoke, no fire! 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Jourdan Rodrigue was a massive loss 

Yeah, maybe. I just think it's all the changes. IIRC, they hired Gantt after Rodrigue left. As much as I think Gantt is a sarcastic twit sometimes, I'll take him over Rodrigue (whom I admittedly probably will never appreciate fully due to the Cam debacle). I wonder if Gantt and Voth had something to do with trying to squelch outside voices. Balboni does a good job with the video interviews. They just need more! Maybe once the season starts...

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Ah, too bad. Ma y Huddlers thought that Moore was going to start on the o-line. Looks likely that Christianson will be part of the starting lineup now. 

Frankly, not much we have heard or seen seems to indicate Christensen is near a starting spot. He seems to be another in a sizeable group fighting for a meaningful spot on the two deep. 

I really hope Erving and Elflein pan out. If not, I think the staff and FO should be getting some really hard questions from the press next offseason. 

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Christensen won't be a part of the starting lineup any time soon

So, from what you have seen so far, is there anyone on the roster that seems to be threatening to Miller, Erving and Elflein's starting spots? I guess they are hyping Daley as a key 6th man, so that seems to say a lot to me. That indicates there is some significant separation. 

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Frankly, not much we have heard or seen seems to indicate Christensen is near a starting spot. He seems to be another in a sizeable group fighting for a meaningful spot on the two deep. 

I really hope Erving and Elflein pan out. If not, I think the staff and FO should be getting some really hard questions from the press next offseason. 

I seen reports that Christ was having a typical rookie experience......looking rough and overwhelmed against 4th stringers. It reminded me when norwell was a UDFA and that put him in a one V one against second rounder Kony Ealy........and norwell destroyed him. May have to wait a while for Chirst and thats normal/fine...

• Pie 4