• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive David Moore (OL)

Zod

26 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

we found our gem years ago in andrew norwell. might be awhile before we find another.

In fairness, UDFA starters are rare. Those guys even making the active roster for any significant length if time is also rare.

Moore was always a long shot, in reality. With our weaknesses on the OL, he just seemed like he could compete for a spot. 

Clearly that was not the case.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness, UDFA starters are rare. Those guys even making the active roster for any significant length if time is also rare.

Moore was always a long shot, in reality. With our weaknesses on the OL, he just seemed like he could compete for a spot. 

Clearly that was not the case.

How many have we had?

Three or Four UDFA starters?

Considering our young age that's got to be a nice batting average. 

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If their confidence is based on Scott, we are in trouble. Scott did a decent job for being an unknown entity to most of us but he was not by an stretch a good offensive lineman.

It is what it is. Not much we can do about it now is watch and hope.

For passing press%  we were 25th in '19 and 10th in '20 .  Acceptable.
For rushing YBC/Att, we were 3rd  in '19  but 25th  in '20.   WTF?

Bucs were #1 in run D both years and the oline didn't change much.   
So why the decline?  No CMC ,  Saints moved from  15th to 5th in run D,  Bears and WFT on the schedule, we had a new scheme

I think Brady is focusing on really improving the run game this year, thus the emphasis on wide zone.   Erving and Elflein  grade SUBSTANTIALLY higher in run vs pass blocking and both have wide zone experience in Dallas and Minn respectively.

They weren't looking for the best olinemen. 
They were looking for the best fit.

I still hold out hope that the oline is not the disaster you predict.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

19 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

For passing press%  we were 25th in '19 and 10th in '20 .  Acceptable.
For rushing YBC/Att, we were 3rd  in '19  but 25th  in '20.   WTF?

Bucs were #1 in run D both years and the oline didn't change much.   
So why the decline?  No CMC ,  Saints moved from  15th to 5th in run D,  Bears and WFT on the schedule, we had a new scheme

I think Brady is focusing on really improving the run game this year, thus the emphasis on wide zone.   Erving and Elflein  grade SUBSTANTIALLY higher in run vs pass blocking and both have wide zone experience in Dallas and Minn respectively.

They weren't looking for the best olinemen. 
They were looking for the best fit.

I still hold out hope that the oline is not the disaster you predict.

We will find out soon enough. 

We are surprised because its early and we thought Moore had the best chance of the UDFAs to make the team due to need, senior bowl performance, rave reviews from  non-panther draftniks like Brett Kollman,  his appearance on TOP-UDFA lists, the recommendation from Trent Scott, and the history of small school and HBC players being under-drafted.      We like to discuss who is most likely, if any, will make the team and could possibly one day become a starter like Norwell.     

Will any of our remaining UDFA make the team?  Maybe Fisher?

12 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

We are surprised because its early and we thought Moore had the best chance of the UDFAs to make the team due to need, senior bowl performance, rave reviews from  non-panther draftniks like Brett Kollman,  his appearance on TOP-UDFA lists, the recommendation from Trent Scott, and the history of small school and HBC players being under-drafted.      We like to discuss who is most likely, if any, will make the team and could possibly one day become a starter like Norwell.     

Will any of our remaining UDFA make the team?  Maybe Fisher?

Everything you mention makes me believe even more, that something is going on here. 

Does not having many UDFAs actual mean we have turned the corner on our talent level? The days of lower round, and UDFAs making the team may be coming to an end? Giddy up mofos.

I am seriously getting worried about the OL.  None of these projects are developing like we wanted it to in our wishful thoughts.  But it's even worse when the coaching staff talked him up like he had the work ethic, desire and the tools to be a solid contributor.  I hope the reporters ask some real questions about why they got it so wrong, from the offensive line coach who evaluated him, to Trent Scott vouching for him...

58 minutes ago, NAS said:

I am seriously getting worried about the OL.  None of these projects are developing like we wanted it to in our wishful thoughts.  But it's even worse when the coaching staff talked him up like he had the work ethic, desire and the tools to be a solid contributor.  I hope the reporters ask some real questions about why they got it so wrong, from the offensive line coach who evaluated him, to Trent Scott vouching for him...

Alternatively, the talent may be there but perhaps he was not coachable.  The fact he was pruned so quickly makes me wonder if something other than talent was the issue.  
Everyone else passed, we took a flyer on him and he was a bust.  This is what you do when you are bargain bin shopping for O-line help.  I hope the young man gets it together and gets a second chance somewhere else.

• Pie 1