• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you have NBA TV, Hornets summer team is on at 6 tonight.

Captain Morgan

Bouknight reminds me a bit of Jamal Crawford and a little James Harden.  He has been incredible to watch - great control, feel, and athleticism.

Kai Jones is gonna be a great addition to this team.  His athleticism and energy alone could have him average a double-double as a rookie if he gets the minutes.  He's even bringing the ball up...  his game is just so versatile.  And its only gonna get better...  I love it.

I'm gonna call it right now, they are the two biggest steals and values of the draft.

Lewis is a great athlete and could be a chippy, "playing on the edge" defender to get under opponents' skin.

We may need to sign Gelo.  While I think his athleticism is subpar, that is an absolutely beautiful stroke.

Riller has been vastly disappointing.  I watched him in college and loved the pick where we got him bc of how impressed I was with his game...  he just looks hurried and not looking for his own offense at all.  If this is how he plays the entire SL, I think he played himself out of a roster spot here.

I have been REALLY impressed by Richards.  He had a few flubs, but overall he had played really well.  Between he and Carey, I thought Carey was the better of the two from what I saw of them in college and last season in limited opportunities.  Now I don't know...  Richards has looked better than Carey today.  I'm surprised.

Sneed sucks.

I've liked Kulboka's game since we first saw him 3 years ago.  This game just didn't play to his strengths, but I'm not discouraged...  he's gonna be a good spot player for us.

And finally, the Blazers should be embarrassed and should not even be allowed to play in the SL.  Wtf???  Beasley, Faried, and Mudiay?  That's like a combined 15+ years of NBA experience and all 1st round picks.  That's complete trash.

• Pie 3

All in all not a bad effort against a lot of former NBA players and G-Leaguers.

PG - We struggled here… Riller doesn’t look to be much more than a G-League player and overall his ability to control the game is poor. Bouknight can definitely fill in at at the PG spot when needed and honestly it would be fun to see him play with LiAngelo. Carton is an intriguing player and though he may not make the final roster I think he’ll definitely be with the Swarm. It would have been nice to see if Joel Berry fared better than Riller and Carton.

SG - Bouknight can do it all, if he knocks down the three ball consistently then he’ll be a star in the NBA. LiAngelo Ball deserves a spot on the final roster, guys like Redick and Crawford have made a living out of being a sharpshooter, going 5 for 8 from three in your first organized basketball competition in years is impressive. Scottie Lewis is athletic and brings a lot of energy but he’ll need to show that he can shoot the ball, right now he reminds me a lot of the Martin brothers. I suspect Kenny Williams will get a shot later to see if he can make the Swarm.

SF - Xavier Sneed is the only true SF on the roster and he is simply put, not a good basketball player.

PF - Kai Jones is going to be a force, his athleticism will allow him to play right away. Kulboka showed some talent but he’ll need to mature in the G League to get used to the American game, one impressive note is that he was somehow a +18. I believe JT Thor was added to the roster but he may not have played since he just started practicing a day ago.

C - Nick Richards and Vernon Carey settled in okay but neither showed the footwork that is needed to be a back to the basket type center in the NBA.

DNP - Joel Berry, Kenny Williams, Denzel Mahoney, Cam McGriff, JT Thor

Injured: Nate Darling

Bouknight - 19 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks

Ball - 16 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals

Jones - 10 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block

Carey - 11 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist

Richards - 10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist

Carton - 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

Riller - 7 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists

Kulboka - 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals

Lewis - 2 points, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block

Sneed - 0 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block