• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The difference being Haskins was terrible and likely won't make it out of camp with the Steelers.

Darnold showed promise in NY. They've also not gone 'all-in' on Darnold. Pretty sure at this point it's just a 2nd round pick. 

Still a bust.  He is a Joey Harrington.  We are Miami.  But even Miami brought in more than just Harrington when kicking those tires.  Harrington wasn’t brought in to start. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we would've drafted Fields at #3 and passed on him at #8, oh wee mayne.

It’s so hard to tell. If we were picking 3, we might have signed a solid CB in FA or traded for one knowing we would absolutely get a top 3 QB in the draft. 8 was a tough spot to stand put and leave the QB position in limbo. That’s just me reaching though. The QB position is just so crucial I would think we would have still drafted him at 8…

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

So…who are all these people higher on Darnold than Fields outside the folks I mentioned? 

it isn’t even Fields centric in reality.  It is what he represents.  We have no QB at this stage.  We had a top prospect drop in our lap and passed.   Which doesn’t apply to those teams.  They drafted a QB, drafted one last year….or are the Falcons, who have their cap/money invested still in their franchise QB still. 

Just because you feel we don't have a QB. Does not make you right. 

Lots of us are just excited to see what this year brings.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

You still missed it. You are the only one that brought up that 8th pick. Nowhere in his post  did he bring that up. Yet you ridicule him?

I didn't ridicule HIM. We had the #8 pick and he concocted a hypothetical of what we may have done with the #3 pick. Given that we had the opportunity to make that same pick at #8, that's relevant. You always do this. If you don't like how an argument is going, you get emotional, try to attract supporters and start arguing semantics all the while saying you're done. It's entertaining.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Still a bust.  He is a Joey Harrington.  We are Miami.  But even Miami brought in more than just Harrington when kicking those tires.  Harrington wasn’t brought in to start. 

That is your opinion. It is not a fact. Plenty of folks who watched his Jets tape came away with more appreciation for Sam.

Every time someone says something nice about Sam. You get folks jumping in to tell you how wrong you are. Ah the Huddlez. You gotta love it. It's says so in the Hand Book.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't ridicule HIM. We had the #8 pick and he concocted a hypothetical of what we may have done with the #3 pick. Given that we had the opportunity to make that same pick at #8, that's relevant. You always do this. If you don't like how an argument is going, you get emotional, try to attract supporters and start arguing semantics all the while saying you're done. It's entertaining.

You misread his post. And when you replied, you used Oh Wee Mayne. And ended it with smh. Yeah, you're an angel.

Now quit quoting me. And I'll do my ever loving best to ignore you.

Edited by iamhubby1

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You misread his post. And when you replied, you used Oh Wee Mayne. And ended it with smh. Yeah, your an angel.

Now quit quoting me. And I'll do my ever loving best to ignore you.

For the record...

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we would've drafted Fields at #3 and passed on him at #8, oh wee mayne.

Not sure if you just misremembered or were trying to intentionally mis-characterize what I actually wrote. If you read that exchange and interpreted it as me ridiculing that poster then I don't know what to tell you. Ignore all you want, but if you're not gonna ignore at least make an effort to get it straight.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For the record...

Not sure if you just misremembered or were trying to intentionally mis-characterize what I actually wrote. If you read that exchange and interpreted it as me ridiculing that poster then I don't know what to tell you. Ignore all you want, but if you're not gonna ignore at least make an effort to get it straight.

For the record. This is what @AU-pantheractually said. "If we had lost to WFT and were picking 3rd, do we still trade for Darnold?  Would we have picked Horn at 3 over Fields if we don't have Darnold?  I can't say for  100% we would have."

Nowhere in there does he say anything about the #8pick. But spin that one anyway you like. You will never admit you were wrong.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Would we have picked Horn at 3 over Fields if we don't have Darnold?

Nowhere in there does he say anything about the #8pick. But spin that one anyway you like. You will never admit you were wrong.

Is it really that difficult for you to understand that this is specifically what I was referring to in my reply? 

I really don't get why you have to constantly get so emotional and try to get personal with people. We're just talking football, but it's obviously a lot more than that to you. Sorry life dealt you whatever hand that makes you the way that you are.