• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

For f*cks sake can you guys get over this crap already!  Either support your quarterback or shut up.  

Well that's the point of the discussion bc most people here don't want to see Sam turned into a human pretzel by November.

31 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well that's the point of the discussion bc most people here don't want to see Sam turned into a human pretzel by November.

With the way they have tried to address the o line since the off season started i wouldnt be surprised if Darnold is a pretzel by November. Thats just how i look at it. 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Need was met with Darnold. As simple as that. They even said Darnold allows them to draft BPA. Still needing an important position like the QB will make teams reach. Was Wilson really the second best player in the draft or did the Jets really need a QB?

Supporting Darnold really isn’t the issue or the concern

He is the QB, no choice because of decisions made   He is the Panthers starter

The decisions made that brought him here is  the concern.  

Darnold is what he is just like every other QB in the League   

27 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Supporting Darnold really isn’t the issue or the concern

He is the QB, no choice because of decisions made   He is the Panthers starter

The decisions made that brought him here is  the concern.  

Darnold is what he is just like every other QB in the League   

So you don't believe in player growth? Or that players can actually improve? Not sure I agree with that assessment. Because I am hoping we can improve Sam. 

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

So you don't believe in player growth? Or that players can actually improve? Not sure I agree with that assessment. Because I am hoping we can improve Sam. 

Everyone grows. It’s a question of how much and how long it takes

Add to it, this is pro sports, the highest level.  Even the best college QBs, Heisman winners, fail at this level.  It is survivor of the fittest in the NFL

for all the talk of ‘patience’ and other such pablum from Tepper and Rhule, IMHO, Darnold has one year and in that one year, Mccafrey grows older, Anderson’s contract runs out, and then Moore’s AND IF Darnold fails, another start over?  

Tepper didn’t become a billionaire because of patience   He wants a new stadium. Winners hav a better chance of that.  

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Add to it, this is pro sports, the highest level.  Even the best college QBs, Heisman winners, fail at this level.  It is survivor of the fittest in the NFL

for all the talk of ‘patience’ and other such pablum from Tepper and Rhule, IMHO, Darnold has one year and in that one year, Mccafrey grows older, Anderson’s contract runs out, and then Moore’s AND IF Darnold fails, another start over?  

Tepper didn’t become a billionaire because of patience   He wants a new stadium. Winners hav a better chance of that.  

There is an awful lot of angst in that post. Sounds like you are gearing up for a failure of a season. I just hope you're wrong.

I will say. Tep gave Rhule a 6 year contract. 

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Fair.  There was no QB coach at the jets.  So between actually BEING coached and the new scheme and weapons, I'm hoping for a step change.  

Tepper isn't patient, but sometimes he doubles down.  In hard knocks he talks about how he lost money in the great recession, but he doubled down and bought at the bottom.  "I'd rather be lucky than smart."  or something like that.

Tepper just doubled down on Rhule when he fired Marty. "You look at successful organizations, and there's a certain alignment between the head coach and the GM," Tepper said. "To think that you can do that without some sort of alignment is nuts. So to not have a head coach with some input into that is stupid. I don't want to be stupid, OK?"

Reports were Rhule wanted to trade down last year.  Sure enough, with Marty gone, we set the franchise record for trading down and trading in general.  Marty probably did not want to admit Teddy's contract was a mistake and wanted to give Teddy another year.  Marty left.  Then Teddy.

Tepper is all in on Rhule.  He may cut his losses short.  He may double down.

• Beer 1