• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kupchak presser

Captain Morgan

We're talking with Hornets GM Mitch Kupchak right now. Kupchak starts by thanking all the players (Graham, Zeller, Biyombo, Monk) who left in free agency this offseason.

Jonathan M Alexander
@jonmalexander
·
51m
Mitch Kupchak said he does anticipate being done with the heavy lifting in free agency. 

So don't expect any more big signings. He does feel like they made progress this offseason.

Your Home Timeline
Roaring Riot Retweeted
Queen City Riot
@QC_Riot
·
1h
Hey #Charlotte 
@roaringriot
 and 
@panther
 family! We’re happy to announce our game day watch party location for the 2021 -22 season… 
@DilworthNG
 See y’all there Thumbs up
Roaring Riot Retweeted
Zack Luttrell
@RoaringRiotZ
·
1h
To be clear....plans for a trip are already in place. Details will be out shortly after the Super Bowl. Deposits will launch in a few months.
GIF
Quote Tweet
Roaring Riot
@roaringriot
 · 3h
Who’s coming with us to Canton next year? #BeTheUproar twitter.com/panthers/statu…
Alaina Getzenberg
@agetzenberg
·
1h
Today’s practice was a much slower day. Panthers keeping it light in advance of joint practices in Indy.
Jonathan M Alexander
@jonmalexander
·
52m
Mitch Kupchak said he does anticipate being done with the heavy lifting in free agency. 

So don't expect any more big signings. He does feel like they made progress this offseason.
Show this thread
Jonathan M Alexander
@jonmalexander
·
46m
Kupchak: "There are more expectations this year than there were a year ago, but the goal is the same. Our goal is to not get the 8th seed or make the play-in tournament. We want to get in and advance."

Jonathan M Alexander
@jonmalexander
·
41m
Mitch Kupchak said he doesn't expect any problems moving forward with LaMelo's wrist, which he injured last season. 

He said the staff wants LaMelo to continue to be a great teammate and make his teammates happy with his passing.

Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

Did we get better?

Overall, yes. Miles, Melo, and PJ should all takes steps forward just as Miles did last season. Gordon will also be healthy, which makes the team better. PG will be a little weaker as Ish isn't as good as Graham. Center should be better as well since it couldn't be much worse than it was last season.

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

2022 --------------------- 2021

Ball - Smith -------- < --- Ball - Graham
Rozier - Bouknight - < --- Rozier - Monk
Hayward - Oubre --- > --- Hayward - McD
Miles - Washington - > --- Washington - Miles
Plumlee - Kai ------- > --- Zeller - Biz

I’ll buy most of this…but really hoping book gets better as we go, he needs to be much better than monk was for us…not a long way to go there

i think smith is going to be a better floor guy (less to, better def) than Graham, but we are going to miss devonte shooting big time

Potentially we could be much better defensively and that’s big

Edited by Scott12345

26 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

I’ll buy most of this…but really hoping book gets better as we go, he needs to be much better than monk was for us…not a long way to go there

i think smith is going to be a better floor guy (less to, better def) than Graham, but we are going to miss devonte shooting big time

Potentially we could be much better defensively and that’s big

I think Bouknight will be a long-term improvement over Monk but this upcoming season will be a step back.. and I agree Ish will bring things Graham didn't on the defensive end - but the shot making ability will be sorely missed.. hopefully Oubre doesn't have another bad slump from 3pt land like he had in GS..

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

I’m really hoping that Borrego will be smart enough to start Miles over PJ at PF this season. It’s time for Miles to shine. He’s in a contract year. Let him show if we should pay him after the season or let him walk. 

I think Miles proved last year that he is worth another contract. The question will be how big of one.

6 hours ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

I’m not trying to be pessimistic but I don’t see us making the playoffs with the current roster. The only reasons for that is the East has gotten even better and we still lack a big man. Plumlee will be better than Zeller and Biz but we have no depth after him. We’re depending on a rookie Kai Jones. Richards and Vernon really need to spend this season again in the GLeague. The only way we can squeeze in is like you said, Hayward has to stay healthy and Melo is averaging 18-20ppg. Plus a big leap from Miles and PJ solidifying the PF position could get us in. If we can add a center like Lauri, Myles, Wiseman or Bagley then we’ll have this discussion again another day. 

Facts..

Tier 1: Contenders
BRK - MIL

Tier 2: Playoff locks
PHI - MIA - ATL

Tier 3: Play bubble
BOS - TOR
NYK - CHI
WAS - CHA
TOR - IND

• Pie 1