• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moved out of state and don't want Sunday ticket

Jmac

YouTube tv. Location guard addin on browser lets you identify as a Charlotteon. You can also record and speed thru commercials. Unfortunately it’s pricey. Around 50$, might be a free trial option. That’s what I did for a while until I made my assessment on teddy.  

• Pie 1

Just now, rb said:

YouTube tv. Location guard addin on browser lets you identify as a Charlotteon. You can also record and speed thru commercials. Unfortunately it’s pricey. Around 50$, might be a free trial option. That’s what I did for a while until I made my assessment on teddy.  

Whats this location guard and how do I use it...more info please. 

21 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Moved out of the area and stream all my TV on Hulu. Want to watch my Panthers, but will not get satellite/DirectTV. Any options besides going to a sports bar for the games?

From a strictly legal perspective, the answer you'll most likely receive is "go to a sports bar or find a friend with Sunday Ticket and bring them pizza every week to watch at their house"

Other folks here will probably offer suggestions on working around the broadcast geofencing, and there's a thread over in the Huddle Lounge talking about the business of TV streaming and potential future of things like Sunday Ticket.  But whatever solution that is, we won't see until next season at the earliest.

If you're out of a local broadcast market (check your local listings), then you're at the mercy of the local programmers as to which game they want to air. For some reason, Honolulu FOX is airing the Panthers pre-season game this weekend, IIRC.

The CBS and FOX apps *might* allow you to self-select your ZIP/market to watch your "local station" via OTT device, but that may only pertain to local programming rather than national content (ie the local news).

If it's a national game, you might be able to catch it on the NFL app. I'm pretty sure I watched both MNF and SNF on that last year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1