• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moved out of state and don't want Sunday ticket

Jmac

12 hours ago, Toker Smurf said:

Know anyone in college? $100 for DirecTV for students. I'm in year 5 of 9 straight years having kids in college.

You can get Sunday Ticket for free every year if you're a current DTV subscriber.  Just call them and ask. 

On that note, I just moved to Texas and have the DTV page open in another tab, getting ready to pull the trigger on installation.  I have never had much luck with random streaming sites in the past, and I prefer to watch the games on my TV versus a phone or laptop. 

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

Been in this boat for over a decade now. It sucks but I just go to bars every week unless we're on tv locally here in Boston (got both Bucs games cuz of Brady last year...). I don't like streaming and certainly don't like messing around with sh*tty illegal streams. Thought about looking into a VPN or location changing thing to get a legit stream that is reliable and works but just haven't put the effort into that. Hopefully next year DirecTV loses their monopoly on non-local NFL games and I can get all the Panthers games on Comcast, like I get the Canes and Hornets games. But for now still just stuck going to bars, the unfortunate reality.

The NFL needs to invest in being able to just subscribe to individual teams game packages.  I would be all for paying 100 bucks or something just to be able to watch all the Panthers games outside of NC. 

• Beer 2

32 minutes ago, t96 said:

Thought about looking into a VPN or location changing thing to get a legit stream that is reliable and works but just haven't put the effort into that. 

Netflix (and possibly other streamers eventually) is starting to purposefully block access to users who utilize known VPN IPs to cut down on the geofencing workarounds.    

A couple of years ago,  Directv and my local Fox channel had a pissing match going and I couldn't see my local channel.  So I went to my computer, pulled up Fox Sports, and hooked my computer to the TV and watched about 8 weeks of games that way. When they were on CBS or ABC, I'd watch the local channels again.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Locast and vpn will do it.

The thing I don't like about locast is that if you don't pay for it, you have to re-sign in every X minutes to maintain the connection.  On the other hand, it's a (reasonable, free, and supposedly legal) solution to live-watch something when the cable company/local station has a dispute.