• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moved out of state and don't want Sunday ticket

Jmac

4 hours ago, joemac said:

You can get Sunday Ticket for free every year if you're a current DTV subscriber.  Just call them and ask. 

On that note, I just moved to Texas and have the DTV page open in another tab, getting ready to pull the trigger on installation.  I have never had much luck with random streaming sites in the past, and I prefer to watch the games on my TV versus a phone or laptop. 

I don't have DirecTV. This is for streaming.

If anybody is interested, I just signed up for DirecTV, due to the fact that they are offering really good deals on their packages and free Sunday Ticket for this season.  I got their 2nd to the top package, a full home DVR, 2 boxes and a year of HBO for free, and my bill each month is going to be 109.24.  Cheaper than my Spectrum bill here in Texas for a lot worse service.  

Just a friendly Public Service Announcement. 

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

If anybody is interested, I just signed up for DirecTV, due to the fact that they are offering really good deals on their packages and free Sunday Ticket for this season.  I got their 2nd to the top package, a full home DVR, 2 boxes and a year of HBO for free, and my bill each month is going to be 109.24.  Cheaper than my Spectrum bill here in Texas for a lot worse service.  

Just a friendly Public Service Announcement. 

I used to have direct tv with a really good rate for 2 years with sunday ticket included. Then when the 2 years are up, they jack up your rate. Called to try to angle for a better rate and they wouldn't even budge. So I cancelled and switched to YouTube tv. Only $70 bucks per month including taxes, unlimited dvr, pretty much any channel you could want including over a dozen sports networks (every espn, nfl network, nba tv, etc etc). Happy with it but you do miss out on the sunday ticket of course. 

5 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

I used to have direct tv with a really good rate for 2 years with sunday ticket included. Then when the 2 years are up, they jack up your rate. Called to try to angle for a better rate and they wouldn't even budge. So I cancelled and switched to YouTube tv. Only $70 bucks per month including taxes, unlimited dvr, pretty much any channel you could want including over a dozen sports networks (every espn, nfl network, nba tv, etc etc). Happy with it but you do miss out on the sunday ticket of course. 

Yeah, only reason I did this is to get Sunday Ticket.  

18 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I live in NC and have watched every Panthers game on the nearest Fox affiliate in SC for the last 20 plus years.  This season they are broadcasting all Jacksonville home games.  Ain't that some poo. 

..........Just give the word and I'll be there with my crew to correct this great travesty...

toast the knowing mad max fury road GIF

• Pie 1

On 8/11/2021 at 9:26 PM, Jon Snow said:

I live in NC and have watched every Panthers game on the nearest Fox affiliate in SC for the last 20 plus years.  This season they are broadcasting all Jacksonville home games.  Ain't that some poo. 

Contact the station programming dept directly and request the Panthers coverage. The stations have enough leeway to determine which games to carry.

Hopefully this list will help you determine which games you'll need to call to complain about:

I use the weekly TV NFL maps to determine which games I get to watch at home vs having to go to the bar for. There's some advance awareness that comes into play as well --- (ex: "ooooh, the Falcons are playing at 4p that weekend, there's a chance local Fox will air the Panthers game at 1p maybe")

• Beer 1