• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday joint practice news and tweets

Captain Morgan

9 minutes ago, saX man said:

Maybe one of our new backup QBs was on the Colts side today.  I wouldn't be opposed but considering how shaky the Wentz situation is, they may carry 3.

So who did well? Colin Thompson's name keeps popping up.  Rodney Smith, CJ Saunders.  Thompson is probably kicking Ian Thomas off the squad (well I guess he really didn't need to).  Line wise, Moton and Trent Scott have looked good and the rest have been meh and below. 

The bad: Shaq, Little, Erving, Elflein, Brady C

Erving and Elflein are looking how, well, how they've always looked.  Still very odd signings considering how early we signed them and the marketplace. 

Anyone with half a brain knew those were bad signings unless they were specifically backups. Didn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That's what is really irking me with Rhule this camp.  I believe in him as a culture setter and a strategist/tactician, but this poo with the OL is just getting old.  I said it in another thread, but it's like the "if you have 2 QBs, you have none."  We just rotated 3 guys in at the most important position on the offensive line in an intra-squad scrimmage.  That's insane.  Only one of those players has shown the ability to play on the edge and excel at the NFL level...  Let him do it and figure out the rest.  Not only is this game of musical chairs preventing our line from gelling, but if Sam was ever going to have a chance at fixing his issues and saving his career, he needs a competent OL to do so.

Rhule needs to quit messing around and lock in the lineup and go from there.

Imo, Daley deserves to start from what we saw of him when healthy, so I would give him the nod over Elflein.  Scott looked serviceable when filling in last season, so I would give him or Christensen the shot at starting RT.  Give me Moton-Daley-Paradis-Miller-Scott/Christensen.

I feel this.... I do agree that rhule is screwing up the OL with allllllllllll the moving around. I get you want versatile OL for game day, but I bet most of the guys hes moving around are drowning. Put each at ONE spot for a week or so and let them get somewhat comfy and believe they can play NFL OL..... ugh.... 

edit- I dont know if u know, but Daley stayed in Charlotte due to a injury........CARRRY ON...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm with you. This isn't college where you have a massive roster, linemen take 2-3 years of development then you only get 1-2 years of actual good play out of them before they're gone to the NFL or gone due to expiring eligibility. This really feels like a college approach to the OL.

That was why when they kept talking up "versatility" it was hard not to roll my eyes. I don't disagree with that idea but the most important thing is ABILITY. We literally signed guys that have very little 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That was why when they kept talking up "versatility" it was hard not to roll my eyes. I don't disagree with that idea but the most important thing is ABILITY. We literally signed guys that have very little 

Signing Erving and Elflein so early in FA to decent contracts was baffling to me. Those were the types of guys I expected to go for cheap after the primary wave of premium free agency was over. I was hoping we'd targeted them because we'd seen something specific they had. But, it seems like we're pretty much just flailing at OL and that's disappointing.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Signing Erving and Elflein so early in FA to decent contracts was baffling to me. Those were the types of guys I expected to go for cheap after the primary wave of premium free agency was over. I was hoping we'd targeted them because we'd seen something specific they had. But, it seems like we're pretty much just flailing at OL and that's disappointing.

So basically the previous Seattle Seahawks approach which has led to discontent from their own franchise quarterback. Great!

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You guys do know that we aren't going to  show much today and everything will be vanilla Sunday. To make much of today or this week is was premature.  The over reactions are ridiculous

It's the normal game day thing. Except this game is an actual Practice. It would be funny, if it weren't so sad. Why put yourself through all this? Especially for something that's supposed to be entertainment?

I guess we should have known it was coming. 

46 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That's what is really irking me with Rhule this camp.  I believe in him as a culture setter and a strategist/tactician, but this poo with the OL is just getting old.  I said it in another thread, but it's like the "if you have 2 QBs, you have none."  We just rotated 3 guys in at the most important position on the offensive line in an intra-squad scrimmage.  That's insane.  Only one of those players has shown the ability to play on the edge and excel at the NFL level...  Let him do it and figure out the rest.  Not only is this game of musical chairs preventing our line from gelling, but if Sam was ever going to have a chance at fixing his issues and saving his career, he needs a competent OL to do so.

Rhule needs to quit messing around and lock in the lineup and go from there.

Imo, Daley deserves to start from what we saw of him when healthy, so I would give him the nod over Elflein.  Scott looked serviceable when filling in last season, so I would give him or Christensen the shot at starting RT.  Give me Moton-Daley-Paradis-Miller-Scott/Christensen.

Agree with all of this, and i have been saying this since the draft. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I’m not really sure what you guys are expecting. We are the youngest team in the league and are in year 2 of Matt Rhule draft and FA after clearing out basically the entire roster. This is gonna take a couple years to see if it’s gonna work with this staff. The goal should be to be better than last year by the end of the season and remain competitive. 

qb and oline are the biggest issues going forward. The organization decided to go this direction with Sam and prioritizing other position groups but I’ll give them 2 more years after this one and if they can’t find a franchise qb and an oline to protect that person then they need to be replaced. It’s that simple. No need to freak out.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 3