• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday joint practice news and tweets

Captain Morgan

I can get the delusional portion of the fanbase continuing to be stupid the rest of ya'll need to chill. We get more reps tomorrow and throughout the preseason. Some of these deficiencies will get sorted out(secondary specifically, IMO). 

We aren't going to the Super Bowl in 2021. There, let's get past that. Just focus on being better as a TEAM. If the OL, QB, LB's, etc suck that is a correctable thing. We can fix a couple of units on the team. 

Think about this, how exciting was our DL against one of the best OL units in the NFL?

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I can get the delusional portion of the fanbase continuing to be stupid the rest of ya'll need to chill. We get more reps tomorrow and throughout the preseason. Some of these deficiencies will get sorted out(secondary specifically, IMO). 

We aren't going to the Super Bowl in 2021. There, let's get past that. Just focus on being better as a TEAM. If the OL, QB, LB's, etc suck that is a correctable thing. We can fix a couple of units on the team. 

Think about this, how exciting was our DL against one of the best OL units in the NFL?

I'm sorry, but you can't insult part of the fan base. Then tell the rest to calm down. That's not how this works.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If our OL, LB, & QB all suck we are in big trouble 

but we have a ways to go…we’ll see

The Panthers kept calling Thursday a measuring stick, and you can only say they didn’t measure up to the Colts. Matt Rhule didn’t love the play of his receivers (a lot of dropped balls), and his offensive line didn’t hold up particularly well against a good Colts front either.

Darnold 7 of 13, P.J. Walker 4 of 7, Will Grier 2 of 3, INT
Edited by Captain Morgan

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is just plain a better team than we are. The secondary getting beat like that is mildly disappointing but I wouldn't get worried about that yet.

I wouldn't be as disappointed if it wasn't borderline NFL QBs who were doing it. Indy is in a near panic QB situation right now with Wentz's health in question and we made them look good.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Scott12345 said:

If our OL, LB, & QB all suck we are in big trouble 

but we have a ways to go…we’ll see

It's a process. Consider how far we stripped the roster down and how much building had to be done. We can debate the finer points of what we should have done or shouldn't have done but if we are ultimately getting better as a team, we don't need to lose our poo. 

I don't love the moves we made this offseason but I do think our staff is capable of learning from their mistakes. These deficient units will get corrected in future offseasons.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It's the normal game day thing. Except this game is an actual Practice. It would be funny, if it weren't so sad. Why put yourself through all this? Especially for something that's supposed to be entertainment?

I guess we should have known it was coming. 

I was excited to see guys in pads getting some live action. Rhule is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. He is rotating guys everywhere evaluating their fit. The goal today was not to beat the Colts or look better or worse but try different guys at different positions to see how they do.  All that reporting was by fans for fans of each team to create excitement. It was a healthy competition to evaluate individual players and develop film to evaluate and teach with. Hopefully wiffing on a pass block assignment onlt requires some technique adjustment rather than serving as a harbinger of portending events. 

• Beer 2

WESTFIELD – The Indianapolis Colts offense didn’t start well in Thursday’s practice against the Carolina Panthers.

But the finish certainly was cause for optimism.

The first and second teams scored three touchdowns in red-zone drills – and just missed a fourth by the length of wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr.’s foot – to cap a physical and productive day at Grand Park.

PLAY OF THE DAY

After dominating their own offense for the first two weeks of camp, the Indianapolis defense continued the trend against the Panthers.

On six snaps inside the red zone Thursday, the first-team defense did not allow a touchdown.

THEY SAID IT

“I think we won the physical battle, and that was the most important thing for us.” – linebacker Bobby Okereke on the battle against the Carolina offense.

THEY SAID IT

“I think we won the physical battle, and that was the most important thing for us.” – linebacker Bobby Okereke on the battle against the Carolina offense.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/colts-notebook-quarterbacks-thrive-in-red-zone-against-carolina/article_51126084-fbc4-11eb-b8d0-0fd6e6e49a86.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I was excited to see guys in pads getting some live action. Rhule is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. He is rotating guys everywhere evaluating their fit. The goal today was not to beat the Colts or look better or worse but try different guys at different positions to see how they do.  All that reporting was by fans for fans of each team to create excitement. It was a healthy competition to evaluate individual players and develop film to evaluate and teach with. Hopefully wiffing on a pass block assignment onlt requires some technique adjustment rather than serving as a harbinger of portending events. 

TC, and preseason are for evaluation. Moving guys around is part of that process. Perfectly natural. Not sure what folks were expecting from a practice?

If this was year 5 of the Rhule era. Yeah, we can be a little concerned. But year 2? C'mon man.

• Pie 3