• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The closest thing to a must-win game in years?

top dawg

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So your answer to "How much should Sam play?" is, they should rep him. That is short and somewhat to the point..

And because I am hopeful our OLine isn't "Weak", does not mean I expect them to be "All Pros". That's quite a leap there. I see your heart isn't in it. So I'll let you be.

I guess we don't have to save you a seat on the bandwagon then. There is still lots of room when you change your mind. lol

I think they should rep Sam a lot.  Because he hasn’t been a very good QB to date.  It’s a new offensive scheme he has to learn.  Minus one person it also all new receiving options he needs to build chemistry with.   

go check the reports today about how our OL is looking vs the Colts guys in practice.  So yeah, one of the biggest things to look for IMO is how Darnold manages behind our weak OL this preseason vs stout fronts. 

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think they should rep Sam a lot.  Because he hasn’t been a very good QB to date.  It’s a new offensive scheme he has to learn.  Minus one person it also all new receiving options he needs to build chemistry with.   

go check the reports today about how our OL is looking vs the Colts guys in practice.  So yeah, one of the biggest things to look for IMO is how Darnold manages behind our weak OL this preseason vs stout fronts. 

I expect Sam to run a handful of plays. After practicing with the Colts, he should have plenty of reps against their D.

I expect them to run the ball a few times, throw in some slants, wheel routes, and maybe even some seams as well. Nothing too outrageous. Everything safe. I would not expect any throw to be longer than 10-15 yards. Then move on to the backups.

That's if he plays at all.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only if you're weak.

LOL.  Yeah…these are just people.  Were you one of those people calling Simone Biles weak?  

you think Jake Delhomme’s 2009 loss to the Eagles opening day was just like any other random loss of his career? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

LOL.  Yeah…these are just people.  Were you one of those people calling Simone Biles weak?  

you think Jake Delhomme’s 2009 loss to the Eagles opening day was just like any other random loss of his career? 

I think if you're a professional football player, you put losses behind you and move on.

If you're gonna spend an extended time stewing over a single loss, you probably don't have what it takes to play in the pros.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think if you're a professional football player, you put losses behind you and move on.

If you're gonna spend an extended time stewing over a single loss, you probably don't have what it takes to play in the pros.

all games aren’t viewed the same by a player.  Nor are all wins and losses.   Again, these are just people.   And yeah, there are company lines they toss out there that are bs. 

Some have different meaning and impact….for various reasons. 

89’s first game vs Carolina after being fired…wasn’t just a standard game.  And those types of games impact people different.  

The Jets game is unique for Darnold.  He wants to win all 17.  That’s one is likely to be different for him.  These are just normal people that happen to play football.   Which means they act like normal people. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

all games aren’t viewed the same by a player.  Nor are all wins and losses.   Again, these are just people.   And yeah, there are company lines they toss out there that are bs. 

Some have different meaning and impact….for various reasons. 

89’s first game vs Carolina after being fired…wasn’t just a standard game.  And those types of games impact people different.  

The Jets game is unique for Darnold.  He wants to win all 17.  That’s one is likely to be different for him.  These are just normal people that happen to play football.   Which means they act like normal people. 

Yeah, they're not "normal people". They're professional athletes.

The ones that win championships are the ones that "deal with it".

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, they're not "normal people". They're professional athletes.

The ones that win championships are the ones that "deal with it".

Yeah, collectively professional athletes are just people at the end of the day.   The best athletes and the worst ones…are all human at the end of the day. 

Feel free to view it differently.   The Jets game will be different for Sam Darnold than a random matchup vs the Falcons.  Because he’s human.  How that impacts him? No clue.  People are a mixed bag.  

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

OK, some of you may not agree, and perhaps I'm being hyperbolic in a literal sense, because it's just a game (season opener, no less), but there's no way that we can lose to the Jets and good things happen. We have to beat the Jets, period! New staff, and new QB, with a decidedly less talented offense. This is a must-win! Now I really think that there's no way we should lose, especially considering that the new boy wonder of New York City is not quite living up to great expectations in camp--i.e., he's looking like a lost rookie that is presently in no way prepared for the speed of the game; lose to him and that unstable organization, and our atmosphere here will become just as volatile as the Jets' may become very shortly. Our opening game won't be the Hot Seat Bowl because one staff is new and one is relatively new, but it will be the Hot Potato Bowl, and that hot potato represents  volatility. You catch it, and the atmosphere surrounding your franchise will become potentially explosive, even if it's just a slow burn that leads to a big boom at some given point in the future.

The Panthers really don't have any reason to lose. Sam Darnold, Rhule or anyone can say anything they want, but the crystal clear irony of the game, and something akin to the poetic justice of victory makes the Panthers' game against the Jets a must-win game in my eyes.

What do you see?

I want to beat the damn brakes off the Jets. 

Reality is it's not even a conference game. 

Means little in the grand scheme of the whole season. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I want to beat the damn brakes off the Jets. 

Reality is it's not even a conference game. 

Means little in the grand scheme of the whole season. 

One game can easily mean the difference between getting into the dance, or sitting at home, and in reality it doesn't matter if it's the first game or the last, that's why you win every game that you can.