• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Old friends batttling tonight

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

NGL, the announcers and crowd seem to be favoring Mac over Cam, and it seems like McDaniels is too.  One thing that really irritated me with McD last season was he seemed to call some old Wing T, Lateral-passes-only offense with Cam in last year, and then started calling pro-style offenses when Stidham and the other guy got in last season...  he appears to be doing the same so far this season.  

Multiple screens and runs on Cam's two drives...  seemed to run a ground and pound, run heavy style...  then Mac comes in and they ran one time so far and then had him chucking it down field every other play.

I don't like the way this is playing out.

Well Mac Jones is pretty much the typical game manager. He’s going to take the first read that’s there everytime. That’ll keep you from losing games and maybe that’s what Bill wants, but it damn sure won’t win you any. Defense was much different with Cam in the game as well going against their 1s, with our buddy Ron calling some blitzes. 

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I've been thinking this as well.  It just really irritates me that McD uses Cam like he's effing T3bow.

Why? He has shoulder issues that don’t seem to hold up long term. What’s the point of making him sling it in preseason. You also know what you have and they need to thorough test out Mac.

It was reported that Mac was awful in the beginning and is progressing quickly. Cam is going toe to toe with a rookie. It would surprise me quite a bit if Cam is their QB for the whole season.

Of course it is just practice and preseason, and that never says much about anything.

11 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

No he didn’t….fumble sack, threw a 4 ft screen pass behind his RB

I missed some of the game so I didn't see that. The drive I saw he was staying in the pocket, setting his feet, and throwing high velocity darts. I don't think he ever went deep though and his shoulder always gets worse as the season goes on.

12 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

NGL, the announcers and crowd seem to be favoring Mac over Cam, and it seems like McDaniels is too.  One thing that really irritated me with McD last season was he seemed to call some old Wing T, Lateral-passes-only offense with Cam in last year, and then started calling pro-style offenses when Stidham and the other guy got in last season...  he appears to be doing the same so far this season.  

Multiple screens and runs on Cam's two drives...  seemed to run a ground and pound, run heavy style...  then Mac comes in and they ran one time so far and then had him chucking it down field every other play.

I don't like the way this is playing out.

There is a reason for that most likely.  I feel like they pretty much know his shoulder can't handle making many throws especially during the preseason it's not worth it.  He also just cant make as many of those deep throws any more.