• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the Indianapolis Colts media is saying about the joint practice

Zod

1 minute ago, PanicPete said:

Guys the colts are a pretty darn good football team...in fact their defense may be one of the best ones we play all regular season. I don't think it's surprising which positions did well and which didn't lol. 

The OL struggling was predictable. Our D making their borderline NFL roster caliber backup QBs look like seasoned legit starters was not.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

Context!

This is a *VERY* good Colts team.  If they had any sort of QB last year they may have had a chance to get to the big dance.  I'm not saying we should be accepting of getting beat up, but it's not like the Jags came out and beat us up.

My only concern is the intensity with which our players approach the situation.  Sounds like we might have been a little flat.  That's a concern, 100%.

As long as we play hard, we'll be fine.  That's what I want to see.

18 minutes ago, Zod said:

All the reports I read said the Colts QBs looked pretty good

If Jacob Eason and Sam Ehlinger looked good against this defense….it’s going to be a rough season. But hopefully it just speaks to how good Frank Reich is as a coach though. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

With the lack of intensity the lack of any real leaders stepping up and coach going out of his way to publicly call out specific position groups while omitting others I'm not loving the team vibe rn heading into preseason. Need cohesion. Today is a new day though hopefully this was motivation.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Let’s get our center back and find out which lineup works best pretty quickly. Repetition is going to be key to build trust and cohesiveness throughout our offensive line. I’m not saying we will be top of the league, but should be average with a great OT in Moton, decent C in Paradis, and enough competition for both OGs to have a solid player there. From what I read Moton at LT and Christensen at RT looked the best for the tackles. Moton, Daley/Elf, Paradis, Miller, and Christensen seems to make some sense. Christensen should get better as the season goes and Erving can be our overpriced backup at any position really. If Christensen struggles, Scott can step in and be serviceable.

The big concern is that we have so many injury prone offensive lineman. That's precisely how you end up with some of those bums playing in the positions they were yesterday. 

• Pie 1

I will wait till Sunday to see what's what. From the vids I seen our WR looked good. Robby was killing it the and Marshall was really big and looking good also. Jaycee was not looking so good with the physical WR play but hope it was a eye opener for him.  Our D line also look ok for the 1v1s.

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

If you're gonna look bad, practice is the place to do it. Colts apparently wanted to put on a show for their fans. I expect the Panthers will be fired up to look better today, but I'm not expecting a miraculous reversal. Still early and not even close to time to panic.

Agreed. 

I thought about this when everyone started lamenting how badly Horn has been getting beaten in one on ones. I would imagine that we're not the only ones that noticed how handsy Horn has been with receivers during camp. The shared practice with the Colts would seem to be the perfect opportunity for his coaches to have him figure out where the line is between too much and not enough and dial in on an acceptable level of coverage. He's probably going to continue to lose one on ones until he figures that out. 

• Pie 1

From all of the reports coming out, the WRs looked good, DBs looked okay, pass rush looked great, and the OL looked horrendous.

So... consistent with what we've been hearing.

I just can't wait for the end of the season for the chuckleheads to start saying that we had a middle of the road OL because they ranked 18th on Jim Bob's Angelfire Homepage Rankings.

• Pie 2