• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No starters will play Sunday vs the Colts

Zod

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

You're right, we're doomed.  This is going to ruin the season. Teddy the great was paired with a green idiot coach and was trying to carry them.  I guess we should have kept Teddy and got a new coaching staff.

You guys are carrying your butthurt over Fields into every thing the team does.  I wish you Fields worshipers would let it go but I know you won't. 

Be careful or you'll be branded a "Sunshine Warrior", or "Cockeyed Optimist", or my favorite "Homer". lol

It's sad that being Optimistic, is treated like a mental illness around here. 

If you don't rail against any mistake. Whether real, or imagined. You might be a Homer. 

If you aren't critical about every move. You  might be a Homer.

If you don't think Rhule is in over his head. You might be a Homer.

If you don't believe in Doom an Gloom. You might be a Homer.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Who said we are doomed lol.   But that is the general response by some when people discuss anything about Rhule that isn’t projecting sunshine and rainbows. 

Fields has nothing to do with this sort of conversation.  Which is why I have had them about Rhule before the draft and back into last year

I'm neither sunshine and rainbows nor doom and gloom.  I'm just tired of hearing folks complain about the same tired bs.   

I am sitting squarely in the "well thats different" camp.  I will reserve my criticism or congratulations after it all plays out.  I am not a fortune teller and neither are you.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm neither sunshine and rainbows nor doom and gloom.  I'm just tired of hearing folks complain about the same tired bs.   

I am sitting squarely in the "well thats different" camp.  I will reserve my criticism or congratulations after it all plays out.  I am not a fortune teller and neither are you.

I was just about to tell you how much I admire your patience in this thread. But it looks like it may just be fraying at the end just a little bit. lol

• Beer 1

DID I heard this right- Rhule also said Darnold playing in the 2nd game is up in the air???

I hope we hire a full ref team and pull in ear pieces and send players groups in for adjustments and  thousand other things this team needs for game day that practice can not replicate... Someone please notify Rhule that hes coaching in the NFL and week 1 is less than 30 days away.....  

58 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

How is this the same tried bs though? Or are you just talking about being critical of Rhule?

I just think it is an odd enough call to question Rhule on it.   He is very green so things are going to happen.   

Not thinking your 24 year old QB who is brand new and hasn’t been a very good QB to date….doesn’t need preseason game 1 or 2 is unusual enough to call out IMO. 

I mean, the case could be made Sam is once again not being out in the best position to succeed.  His QB room sucks.  His OL sucks.  And now we are holding him out of game simulation reps which isn’t the norm for someone like him.  I know I know….great weapons and Joe Brady.  Those are great things he hasn’t had.   But some of Sam’s issues have always been Sam.  

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

How is this the same tried bs though? Or are you just talking about being critical of Rhule?

I just think it is an odd enough call to question Rhule on it.   He is very green so things are going to happen.   

Not thinking your 24 year old QB who is brand new and hasn’t been a very good QB to date….doesn’t need preseason game 1 or 2 is unusual enough to call out IMO. 

I mean, the case could be made Sam is once again not being out in the best position to succeed.  His QB room sucks.  His OL sucks.  And now we are holding him out of game simulation reps which isn’t the norm for someone like him.  I know I know….great weapons and Joe Brady.  Those are great things he hasn’t had.   But some of Sam’s issues have always been Sam.  

You are assuming all that to be true.  It's the same tired cry that you know more about football and it's going to end badly.  Not a single game has been played yet.  

Nothing has been proved or disproved at this point. It will not be settled until the last game is played.  Try to enjoy the wins when they come and not grip about how they won.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

DID I heard this right- Rhule also said Darnold playing in the 2nd game is up in the air???

I hope we hire a full ref team and pull in ear pieces and send players groups in for adjustments and  thousand other things this team needs for game day that practice can not replicate... Someone please notify Rhule that hes coaching in the NFL and week 1 is less than 30 days away.....  

Rhule and questionable decisions seem to go together. 
I feel like he thinks vets don’t need real time reps and that the preseason is just for fringe players. 
If Darnold doesn’t play at all during the preseason we are going to see real rust and sloppy play. We may lose against the Jets because of it. 
Practice time and real game time aren’t the same thing and someone needs to explain this to Rhule. 
Darnold needs reps. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Rhule and questionable decisions seem to go together. 
I feel like he thinks vets don’t need real time reps and that the preseason is just for fringe players. 
If Darnold doesn’t play at all during the preseason we are going to see real rust and sloppy play. We may lose against the Jets because of it. 
Practice time and real game time aren’t the same thing and someone needs to explain this to Rhule. 
Darnold needs reps. 

I agree.

Rhule- " Im not putting Darnold out there without starting OL "

Bas- " Ok heres the solution- play the starting OL!! "

Rhule-Season 16 What GIF by America's Got Talent

• Flames 3

37 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You are assuming all that to be true.  It's the same tired cry that you know more about football and it's going to end badly.  Not a single game has been played yet.  

Nothing has been proved or disproved at this point. It will not be settled until the last game is played.  Try to enjoy the wins when they come and not grip about how they won.

Fear of the past impedes your moving forward.