• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after SECOND Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I actually doubt that. He isn’t here to be our savior and he isn’t a franchise QB.

He needs to play in these games, period. He’s earned literally nothing in this league.

Dumbist comment of the day, hands down. Instead, of whining about not seeing him you should understand that the Preseason games mean nothing. Vanilla offenses and Vanilla defenses.  

I've had the opportunity to watch 4 preseason games and they are a bunch of field goals and nothing very exciting.  I also haven't seen any starting QBs in the game.  Preseason is about evaluation of your team. Not much more. 

Did you listen to what Rhule had to say?   

1. There are a lot of guys on the bubble and some are getting cut.  We'll see what they have.

2. He's said the ones got plenty of work Thursday and Friday and no need to play him Sunday. 

3. Said he would play the 3rd preseason game for sure.  

I suspect that he will not play next week as well for the same reason.  He'll have two good practices against the Ravens. 

• Beer 1

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

I tell ya what. You quit being such a dweeb. And I'll take a break. How's that?

See one post in and the namecalling is activated. It isn't even noon lol. Yet you jump all over others for what you perceive to be emotional posts and takes. Be the change you seek if you're genuine. If not keep acting like some wannabe high school jock tough guy 🤣

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's practice.  What film is out there for them to study on these opponents for practice? I think you guys look for things to bitch about. 

That's why you practice. Picking up exotic blitzes is why OLs need time to gel. Meanwhile, we're still playing musical chairs because we're realizing that we may simply not have the talent necessary and we're desperately trying to find out what our best bad option might be. We gotta find our five and let them start gelling. Playing musical chairs on the OL isn't a recipe for success.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's why you practice. Picking up exotic blitzes is why OLs need time to gel. Meanwhile, we're still playing musical chairs because we're realizing that we may simply not have the talent necessary and we're desperately trying to find out what our best bad option might be. We gotta find our five and let them start gelling. Playing musical chairs on the OL isn't a recipe for success.

How do you practice for an exotic blitz you've never seen?  There is zero film out there on what anyone is going to run THIS  season?  Are they now to be psychic as well?

• Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

How do you practice for an exotic blitz you've never seen?  There is zero film out there on what anyone is going to run THIS  season?  Are they now to be psychic as well?

This is the NFL. Not every team is coaches by Rivera and Shula. The rest of the league is going to show you different wrinkles week in and week out. OLs need time to gel to understand each other, to work well together, to understand each individual assignment and how to communicate in order to handle the types of exotic blitzes they're going to see. Trust and believe, if you show an inability to handle the blitz you're going to see a LOT of blitzes.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

See one post in and the namecalling is activated. It isn't even noon lol. Yet you jump all over others for what you perceive to be emotional posts and takes. Be the change you seek if you're genuine. If not keep acting like some wannabe high school jock tough guy 🤣

Listen. Your opinion mean absolutely jack to me. You can whine, and dweeb all you want. You started this by quoting to me. If you can't stand the heat, don't dweeb.

I have plenty of Huddlers do communicate with. You are not even on the waiting list.

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is why most teams, apparently not the Colts, wait until the regular season to start.  They get a half to utilize their exotic blitzes without tape.  The opposing team then has halftime to try and figure out what to do. Probably without much success. 

I was surprised to hear the Rhule say the Colts were running exotic blitzes. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

See, you purposely miss information. Like Rhule saying the 1s got lots of work in. The 1s, as in the starters.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the NFL. Not every team is coaches by Rivera and Shula. The rest of the league is going to show you different wrinkles week in and week out. OLs need time to gel to understand each other, to work well together, to understand each individual assignment and how to communicate in order to handle the types of exotic blitzes they're going to see. Trust and believe, if you show an inability to handle the blitz you're going to see a LOT of blitzes.

I think you are expecting way too much from these practices.  Of course there will be wrinkles, they are called that for a reason.  Every team is at a disadvantage the first few games  because there is little to no film on them, you know this.  One practice series does not make or break a season.  Give me a break. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Your opinion mean absolutely jack to me.

Ah this old ruse. Yeah it's obvious nobody has a post here worth your time since you practically setup a cot in the back to shout at anyone who waltzes through with a different viewpoint. Have a good day.

I wouldn't be surprised to not see a single 1st string guy out there if it can be helped.  Tomorrow's game is about bottom of the roster guys getting on tape.  5 guys are getting fired this week and Sam Darnold has 0 chance of being one of them so there is 0 reason for him to play.  The guys playing tomorrow are playing to keep their job.

It's nice we get to watch bottom of the roster evaluation games.  That's what they are.  They aren't practice for 1st stringers, not these first two games anyways.

Edited by Luciu5
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Every coach has their way of doing things. If Darnold starts off the regular sluggish and unprepared then criticism for not playing  him all preseason might be justified. But at this point considering how much we aren't hearing and what we do hear is highly opinionated fan speak from beat writers hyping up their team or phishing for views with controversial statements, why the angst and constant complaining? You really don't have a clue, none of us do. Can you wait until you do before going on and on complaining. Just asking for a friend.....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I think you are expecting way too much from these practices.  Of course there will be wrinkles, they are called that for a reason.  Every team is at a disadvantage the first few games  because there is little to no film on them, you know this.  One practice series does not make or break a season.  Give me a break. 

I expected the OL to look bad. In part because we lack talent. Also in part because we haven't identified our starters yet and given them time to work together and gel. That's what I'm saying. If we don't identify our five and let them gel into a cohesive unit then they're not going to play up to their ability, even if that ability is subpar. We gotta identify our five and let them start working on becoming the best unit that they can be. More than any other unit on the field, an OL has to be a cohesive unit.