• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after SECOND Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone was cordially talking football whether they agreed or not before you came in emotional and attacking per usual. You have to stop doing this. This is happening in thread after thread. People are going to disagree. That's quite alright. It's not alright for you to take it personal and start with your attacks.

lol 

If you can't stand the heat.

There are a whole lot of folks a lot worse than me. Go jump on them.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's their strategy, we'll have to see if it works out. They've focused on versatility all off-season on the OL. Personally, I think it will prove to be a mistake. It's okay to disagree. Please don't start acting like that other guy.

They focused on it for a reason, because they need it.  If one of these guys go down, and one surely will, they need to know who to put where.  It's not smart to wait until that happens before you try to figure it out.  It doesn't mean it will not have it's problems,  but you will know it's your best solution and can focus on getting that lineup better and not waist time starting from square one.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Every coach has their way of doing things. If Darnold starts off the regular sluggish and unprepared then criticism for not playing  him all preseason might be justified. But at this point considering how much we aren't hearing and what we do hear is highly opinionated fan speak from beat writers hyping up their team or phishing for views with controversial statements, why the angst and constant complaining? You really don't have a clue, none of us do. Can you wait until you do before going on and on complaining. Just asking for a friend.....

Exactly - I made the same point about the lack of coverage of TC.

At the end of the day, Rhule and co can't hide on Sundays.

He's not given me a reason to doubt his judgement yet. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They focused on it for a reason, because they need it.  If one of these guys go down, and one surely will, they need to know who to put where.  It's not smart to wait until that happens before you try to figure it out.  It doesn't mean it will not have it's problems,  but you will know it's your best solution and can focus on getting that lineup better and not waist time starting from square one.

It's nuts what these folks are trying to do. I don't believe for a second they have put one ounce of energy into thinking about the consequences if things go bad Sun. 

They don't care about player safetly. All they care about it watching their team. Truly selfish behavior.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

It's nuts what these folks are trying to do. I don't believe for a second they have put one ounce of energy into thinking about the consequences if things go bad Sun. 

They don't care about player safetly. All they care about it watching their team. Truly selfish behavior.

I thinks it more about what they want to see.

These scrimmages are just to put these kids on tape so they can study them. Live practices really doesn't give you a complete picture of what's happening on a play.  The real picture comes when the film is broken down. 

Yes best believe there is tons of tape on the starters.  Including from this week. 

I doubt there well be any kind of game plan until preseason game three and that will mostly for the coaches to prepare them for week 1.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

These scrimmages are just to put these kids on tape so they can study them. Live practices really doesn't give you a complete picture of what's happening on a play.  The real picture comes when the film is broken down. 

Yes best believe there is tons of tape on the starters.  Including from this week. 

I doubt there well be any kind of game plan until preseason game three and that will mostly for the coaches to prepare them for week 1.

Another valid take. You're on fire.

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Exactly - I made the same point about the lack of coverage of TC.

At the end of the day, Rhule and co can't hide on Sundays.

He's not given me a reason to doubt his judgement yet. 

There are folks who are now questioning Rhule . Because of how he is handling the 1st preseason game. You can't make this ish up.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

For me it's about three straight losing seasons. It's about having a massive need at OL and trying to patchwork it together with low level vet FAs who by most opinions we significantly overpaid to acquire based on their past performance and/or injury history.

I get it, you can't fix every problem in two off-season and every NFL roster is going to have weak spots due to a hard cap league, but it really is starting to feel like Panthers as usual with the lack of focus on building the OL.

Ultimately, we'll see how it works out but what else is there to talk about right now? It would be boring if this was just an echo chamber of same thoughts.  As long as discussion remains cordial, disagreement is a good thing and actually fuels conversation.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

There are folks who are now questioning Rhule . Because of how he is handling the 1st preseason game. You can't make this ish up.

They're butthurt about not getting who they wanted in the preseason and have begun attacking the coach.  

I'm tired of arguing over Darnold and the oline... it is just a broken record.  Its never anything new, researched or insightful, just butthurt bitching.

Its time for football.

Tomorrow.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For me it's about three straight losing seasons. It's about having a massive need at OL and trying to patchwork it together with low level vet FAs who by most opinions we significantly overpaid to acquire based on their past performance and/or injury history.

I get it, you can't fix every problem in two off-season and every NFL roster is going to have weak spots due to a hard cap league, but it really is starting to feel like Panthers as usual with the lack of focus on building the OL.

Ultimately, we'll see how it works out but what else is there to talk about right now? It would be boring if this was just an echo chamber of same thoughts.  As long as discussion remains cordial, disagreement is a good thing and actually fuels conversation.

The reason(s) for those three losing seasons are no longer on the books though - surely that can't be held against Rhule and Fitterer?

Rhule's decisions so far (coaching, FA's and drafting) have only increased my confidence in him. 

As for those low-level OL FAs that we significantly overpaid for - we signed both on the FIRST day of FA. Our GM / HC clearly think that they're significant upgrades over what we had and fit the system we're trying to play. 

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

They're butthurt about not getting who they wanted in the preseason and have begun attacking the coach.  

I'm tired of arguing over Darnold and the oline... it is just a broken record.  Its never anything new, researched or insightful, just butthurt bitching.

Its time for football.

Tomorrow.

I agree %100. The negativity, and Worse Case Scenarios is really getting out of hand. 

It is permeating the whole board. It is extremely toxic around here right now.

Imagine what is going to happen the first bad pass Sam has? Or the first missed tackle? I really wish there was another board to visit. Something where Optimism is not treated like a mental disease.

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

As for those low-level OL FAs that we significantly overpaid for - we signed both on the FIRST day of FA. Our GM / HC clearly think that they're significant upgrades over what we had and fit the system we're trying to play. 

Agreed. My concern is that we seem to be falling into the habit of overpaying hoping that we're right and everyone else is wrong. If it works, you're brilliant. If it doesn't, it's not gonna be pretty. We'll see how it works out. Gettleman did some brilliant dumpster diving early on in his tenure. As time went on, it worked out less and less.