• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Grier still here?

onmyown

This is why I...

1) Don't understand the Fletcher pick in the 6th with a guy like Jamie Newman available, he's younger, athletic and has arm talent, Grier is 26 I think at this point he is what he is.

2) Passing on Mond when we were wheeling and dealing all of those picks day 2, we had the ammunition to take a mid round QB.

3) Ultimately passing on Fields, still not okay with that, when it happened and still to this day.

Overall I like our draft class, so I won't complain but so much, BUT I think we made some mistakes as well, time will tell. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Trash Grier all you want...but PJ isn't 'it'...

16 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He got more of "it" than Grier

Neither of you are really wrong. The issue is value of investment and the Panthers unwillingness to put all their chips in and acquire the face of their franchise. They only did so in 2011 begrudgingly but they were rewarded for it in a big way. As long as they're only willing to budget mode the most important position in the nfl odds are they will keep yielding the same results.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Don't understand the Fletcher pick in the 6th with a guy like Jamie Newman available, he's younger, athletic and has arm talent, Grier is 26 I think at this point he is what he is.

Newman? Seriously? Newman didn't even make it out of Eagles OTAs before being cut.

Now that he's a free agent, anybody could have him but nobody wants him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Is there a Panthers QB in our history that is worse than him? I don't think so

I'd rather they bring in someone that can throw the ball downfield and be aggressive even if they aren't accurate. Or someone that can run. Grier solves no purpose. He doesn't have an NFL skill and he's slower than molasses.

Let me introduce to you *Pickles*

8 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Let me introduce to you *Pickles*

Jimmy Clausen can at least throw a touchdown. I would bet the under on 0.5 touchdowns if you gave Grier 10 straight offensive drives. Clausen also had a 107.6 rating in a win once. Grier undoubtedly would go 0-16. He is that bad.

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

Jimmy Clausen can at least throw a touchdown. I would bet the under on 0.5 touchdowns if you gave Grier 10 straight offensive drives. Clausen also had a 107.6 rating in a win once. Grier undoubtedly would go 0-16. He is that bad.

Clausen started 12 games roughly?

Grier started 2 when Fewell was HC behind an OL way worse than 2010? 

He didn’t play last season? It’s reaching to make that assumption.

I agree. He must have been great at WV. I have just not seen that he is a gamer and just does not give us a chance. I am going to say again that this is going to be a good team. It drives me crazy the down talk on here. I am all in. I have run over 20 marathons and know when to stay tough. It's a mental thing and I am on board for a good ride. We are going to work hard and MAKE it work. NOT getting off this train till we get to the station. 

22 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

This is why I...

1) Don't understand the Fletcher pick in the 6th with a guy like Jamie Newman available, he's younger, athletic and has arm talent, Grier is 26 I think at this point he is what he is.

2) Passing on Mond when we were wheeling and dealing all of those picks day 2, we had the ammunition to take a mid round QB.

3) Ultimately passing on Fields, still not okay with that, when it happened and still to this day.

Overall I like our draft class, so I won't complain but so much, BUT I think we made some mistakes as well, time will tell. 

At the end of the day QB isn't a position you dabble in I don't think.

They thought the players they took were better shots at being NFL players than taking a 'punt' on Mond / Newman et al. 

I'm a huge advocate of carrying three QBs on the 53 man roster at all times and drafting one every other year - unless you're supremely happy with the three you have. Darnold was the new QB this year - I bet we pick up a new one next year (if we don't pick up a backup from the waiver wire). 

• Beer 1