• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grier will likely be cut with the last group

Zod

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So the staff had no confidence in the OL and that's why they had Grier routinely hand the ball off?  I call BS.  That's 100% coach-speak.

I hope thats coach speak for Grier is a lost cause and he will be cut after preseason. We can go with 2 qbs, we dont need 3.

24 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Ramsey didn't even make it past rookie Mini-Camp. He's worse than Grier.

Yeah but at least he can possibly get better as he was a rookie. Grier is what year 3 and looks the same. It doesn’t have to be Ramsey though, I’m sure there are other better options. Ryan Finley? Maybe we are just waiting for cuts…

Thought our 2nds and thirds looked pretty good today. Now we get to go up against the Ravens next.  Should be another big test against a top 3 defense and good offense. I sure hope our linebackers figure out their assignments. I guess you can't ask too much from guys you picked up a week or two ago. And it is way too early to criticize Snow when his 4th stringers are playing zone at the end but it was humorous to see Smitty take Snow to task on his playcalling for the no pressure and the old prevent zone defense. 

51 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I mean I’m not the guys biggest fan but most of his throws were on the money today. 

But they clearly lack the confidence in him to air it out. He has a live arm though. Hope he gets a legitimate last chance this preseason and let fate play out.

A couple 3rd and longs were uncatchable.  You have to make those throws.  

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Zod said:

I can't see how they justify keeping Grier around at this point. They will need him for the third preseason game, and PERHAPS put him on the practice squad to run the scout team. Other than that, I think PJ showed today he is light years ahead of Grier. 

Probably every back up in the league during regular season will be light years ahead of Grier.

28 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Can’t blame him for all those false starts. But yea he is butt 

He's not a loud qb so they couldn't hear him, and he could have shortened the count after the first false start.  Snap on first sound, start motion while silent.

50 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I thought PJ did a very good job moving the chains today. He wasn't spectacular but he was solid and got the boy to his playmakers.

I'm just imagining him versus the ones. I think he's outclassed by any personnel worth a damn. He has happy feet, seems a little frenetic in the pocket at the slightest bit of pressure and is unable to calm down enough in order to throw accurate passes on any consistent basis.