• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule was trying to "hold" the lead today ?

JABANOG

Our run blocking looked bad.  We were bad at it last year.  We ran more with Will.  Partially because we need to figure out our run game, and partially because we don't trust Greir.  When he got his shot on 2nd and 3rd downs, many times the ball was uncatchable.  Those passes have to be spot on, even with some pressure.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

Ehhh, I don't like that at all.  If that was their exact wording...  I dont take preseason outcomes too serious nowadays, as most coaches use it more for situational reps and practice to see how their team performs in any given scenario and winning or losing is fairly inconsequential (see Belichick)... but if Rhule was legit playing to win and "hold" the lead for the desired outcome instead of just using the situation as a metric, that doesn't sit well with me.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Grier is out here throwing his coaches under the bus.

Right or wrong, that won’t get you many opportunities.

Do what the colts did and shorten the cadence to first sound.  
I think that is another problem with Grier, is he is not a loud quarterback.  I think they had trouble hearing him.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Although the amount of complaints about this staff and preparation is becoming a troubling trend.

Yet, some will say it doesn't fall on Rhule if only we had LT....

So we lost a game we were actually trying to win by clocking at the beginning of the 2nd half....

Last year might've been a fluke how the team played or despite coaching their just talented but no1 knows how to use them correctly....

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Ehhh, I don't like that at all.  If that was their exact wording...  I dont take preseason outcomes too serious nowadays, as most coaches use it more for situational reps and practice to see how their team performs in any given scenario and winning or losing is fairly inconsequential (see Belichick)... but if Rhule was legit playing to win and "hold" the lead for the desired outcome instead of just using the situation as a metric, that doesn't sit well with me.

Holding a lead is not a situational outcome you would practice?  Seems like it would be something you would want to do myself. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Holding a lead is not a situational outcome you would practice?  Seems like it would be something you would want to do myself. 

Thank you, Mr Snow, for being the only voice of logic reasoning in here. 

Seems to me there are already a lot of huddlers that hate our coach, and will waste no opportunity to bash him. 

Gotta love the professional amateurs.  

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1