• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I used to come to this place to learn things about football...

On 8/16/2021 at 4:27 PM, Icege said:

The Huddle was a huge inspiration for learning more about the game and history of football for me. I was already a Panthers die hard, but it made me even more attracted to and a student of the game itself rather than just a fan of the team.

I do miss a lot of the more fun loving folks, but it's also been interesting + telling the shift in tone here and how it reflects that of the macrocosm that is society at large.

Took a several week break during the summer while working through some family medical emergencies (forever fug cancer) due to how much more toxic things seemed, and it honestly was the best thing I could've done. Came back and filled up the ignore list (I do wish I was able to add notes as to why I added somebody to ignore, whether it be sexually assaulting the dead horse or defending sexual assaults at large), and it's been a much more pleasant experience since.

Yep.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:45 AM, SBBlue said:

I've read here for a long long time.  What's new is the negativity from some of the mods.  I don't remember moderators claiming we don't even have a QB, before the new QB takes a snap.  A couple mods are  complaining daily about the coach, the line and Darnold.  Predicting failure over and over,  and that Rhule will whiff not just with Darnold, but the next QB he picks.  It just gets old.

They were saying that our backup line was going to get our QB's killed today.  There was one sack.   Today the line held, we had trouble running the ball, just like last year.  Hubbard compensated, just like CMC will.  

@rodeo Just gave me warning for "douchebaggery" without specifying which post.  I tried to send him a message to find out which post, but it says you can't.    I guess its this one.   

Be careful posting about the mods, they stick together.

I went and read some of his old posts, most are in the TB.  I won't say anymore about it.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Time to not be saxy:

For crying out loud people it’s not that bad. We had almost a decade of the hyperbolic Cam nonsense and absolutely ridiculous trolling. There is nothing even remotely close to that crap or the previous blunder years. The Tepper-Fit-Rhule-Darnold era has ushered in quite less aura of a ridiculousness than other times. 

It also seems many are in the “it was always better before” shtick when it’s really always been about how it is right now (just with different mainstays)

All the self reflecting and over-analysis is just silly. Passive aggressiveness about mods, people caring way too f*cking much, I mean, it’s a message board. If you can’t just have fun with this I don’t know what to tell you. FUN. It’s sh!t talk, news, and random chat about football.

It’s funny bc the few who you would think care bc theyre the ones who make $ from the CH aren’t responding because you look like Gossip Girl dilweeds. Just chill out you cucks

Edited by saX man

8 minutes ago, saX man said:

Time to not be saxy:

For crying out loud people it’s not that bad. We had almost a decade of the hyperbolic Cam nonsense and absolutely ridiculous trolling. There is nothing even remotely close to that crap or the previous blunder years. The Tepper-Fit-Rhule-Darnold era has ushered in quite less aura of a ridiculousness than other times. 

It also seems many are in the “it was always better before” shtick when it’s really always been about how it is right now (just with different mainstays)

All the self reflecting and over-analysis is just silly. Passive aggressiveness about mods, people caring way too f*cking much, I mean, it’s a message board. If you can’t just have fun with this I don’t know what to tell you. FUN. It’s sh!t talk, news, and random chat about football.

It’s funny bc the few who you would think care bc theyre the ones who make $ from the CH aren’t responding because you look like Gossip Girl dilweeds. Just chill out you cucks

Thanks for your constructive input. Ignore the 80 some posters who have pie’d this post and feel it has gotten a little out of hand. They are all... cucks and dilweeds I guess.

Have a good one.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

No toxicity there.

It’s aggressive and unnecessary (I def went overboard) but not “toxic”. That term is being thrown around like people use “gaslighting” and whatnot.  

6 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Thanks for your constructive input. Ignore the 80 some posters who have pie’d this post and feel it has gotten a little out of hand. They are all... cucks and dilweeds I guess.

Have a good one.

Not what I’m saying and not targeting your post. Cheers!

Years ago, reading some posts that gave insight into strategy and players was awesome and yes, it's been less lately. I believe optimistim should override negative as we have too much negativity for sometimes for small and stupid reasons.  

This team looks promising and the future looks real good that we can have a consistent winner - year in and year out. Isn't that what we want? A team that has a shot to go all the way any given year!

I've been with the team 11 years now and like when we all rode the enthusiasm with Cam and had the greatest of all seasons in 2015, this team is build around a team, not just a few great players. That's what we need as we learned the Cams and Luke can't do it by themselves and they are generational talent and that's not gonna always line up. This just feels right. 

This team just needs it's fans to be supportive and loud on game days and get back that home field advantage we have from 2013-2015. BofA rocked. From 2013 to 2017 we won 75% of our home games, best % ever. 

Great thread. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, SBBlue said:

@rodeo Just gave me warning for "douchebaggery" without specifying which post.  I tried to send him a message to find out which post, but it says you can't.    I guess its this one.   

I went and read some of his old posts, most are in the TB.  I won't say anymore about it.

You stay up all night with a megaphone engaged in no less than three or four spats with different posters at any given time and skulk around different profiles of anyone you deem to be unfit. You have complained about namecalling yet you are the only one recently that I have seen come right out and call other fans assholes because they don't subscribe to your every thought as a fan. You are the biggest contributor to the issues here and if you can't or won't see it your life and your experience here will only spiral more. Just relax!

59 minutes ago, hepcat said:

This board has gotten much worse mainly because the tinderbox has spilled over into the main forums a lot of times. Plus I think people are generally getting dumber.

The Huddle is a microcosm of how social media has led the dumbing down of society.

"With all due respect..." is not a common phrase, anymore.

10 hours ago, SBBlue said:

it was this one

5 hours ago, frankw said:

You stay up all night with a megaphone engaged in no less than three or four spats with different posters at any given time and skulk around different profiles of anyone you deem to be unfit. You have complained about namecalling yet you are the only one recently that I have seen come right out and call other fans assholes because they don't subscribe to your every thought as a fan. You are the biggest contributor to the issues here and if you can't or won't see it your life and your experience here will only spiral more. Just relax!

All you do is complain about others. So quit with the Dr. Phil crap.