• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delta variant has hit our house

Zod

I have an employee that can't come to work because she still tested  positive 14 days out.  By her own admission she feels completely fine.  She needs the money and I need the labor, but due to a test, I am keeping her at home.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

It is painfully obvious that you are not understanding this article. I was going to let it go but it's just hurting my brain reading your responses.

1. This is only referencing false negatives, not false positives. They make no comment about the rate of false positives. False positives are also incredibly difficult to ascertain since people can be infected and be asymptomatic. So you can't definitively say it's a false positive just because you do a test the next day and it's negative. Especially if you have no symptoms, your viral loads may be so low that you keep testing negative after your initial positive test.

2. The majority of false negatives in the report are before people develop symptoms or well after they got infected. That's universal for any virus and any test, no matter how good the test is. It's because these are the times when viral loads are the lowest, either because there hasn't been enough time for the virus to replicate in the case of the early testing, or because the immune system has cleared some of the virus as it relates to later testing. Many of the other false negatives are often due to tester error, for instance the nurse not inserting the swab far enough or not leaving it in long enough either because they're doing it wrong or the patient squirmed out of it. 

Anyhow, I implore you to stop posting articles and misinterpreting the science before I get anymore of a headache. Thanks

I said in one of the quotes both the negative and positives were falsify. That showed in the days the for the degree in change. If I have convid and tested negative, thats toxic for the data. Need better test plain and simple. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, with new variants, no one should be taking their health for granted.

We all need to remain vigilant.

I'm continuing to social distance and wear a mask indoors while shopping.

I've also nixed any unnecessary social interactions outside of immediate family.

I'm kinda forced to stay in due to an old condition I had 30 years ago.  Pretty sure it came back because of the frigging covid crap I caught.  It started about 2 months after I got so ill.  Now I may have to retire early because of it.  I have epilepsy that has been dormant for 30 plus year, until now. 

But hey, it keeps me in and away from the infighting over this poo.  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm kinda forced to stay in due to an old condition I had 30 years ago.  Pretty sure it came back because of the frigging covid crap I caught.  It started about 2 months after I got so ill.  Now I may have to retire early because of it.  I have epilepsy that has been dormant for 30 plus year, until now. 

Stay safe my friend.  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Sorry to hear that man.  It sucks that this mess incurred our world.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Sorry to hear that man.  It sucks that this mess incurred our world.

Thanks but I'll survive.  I've been stuck at home since March 2020 so forgive me if I come off a little crazy.   It's probably because I am.

Edited by Jon Snow
Typo
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The more accurate tests came out pretty quickly. "Bad tests" hasn't been a relevant issue for a long time now.

We dis-agree about that, false positives are a big issue. I mean lets say there is a 99.999999% accurate home test. They you have hope humans do the correct steps to avoid contamination issues. 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

We dis-agree about that, false positives are a big issue. I mean lets say there is a 99.999999% accurate home test. They you have hope humans do the correct steps to avoid contamination issues. 

They're an issue in your head because you desperately want them to be. Now you're shifting the goalposts. Evidently you don't trust any testing because human error will always be a tiny factor.

• Pie 1