• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delta variant has hit our house

Zod

I've got a first cousin who has been in a south Florida hospital bed for over a week now, edging back and forth from the brink of ICU. He 'd delayed vaccinating, but had finally gotten the first shot a week and a half before catching the Delta variant, just a couple of days before his scheduled second shot.

His texts describe a harrowing experience where he can barely breathe enough to cough and has to be on both the nasal delivery oxygen and a full oxygen mask as well. The guy is 53 and had been relatively healthy throughout his life, non-smoker, non-drinker. He developed pneumonia as well and now we're just praying he gets better.

Hope you and yours make it through this Jeremy!

59 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

I hear your plea and understand why.  I had covid and have had my antibodies checked.  I will opt out of the vaccine and let my natural antibodies do their job.  I don't like any vaccine that will reprogram my DNA.

There's good arguments on both sides.  If I hadn't had covid and not have strong antibodies, I would get vaccinated with the one that doesn't effect my DNA.

It doesn’t change your DNA, but do you know what high jacks your cells and alters your genes?

COVID-19

• Pie 7

1 hour ago, ThPantherFan said:

I hear your plea and understand why.  I had covid and have had my antibodies checked.  I will opt out of the vaccine and let my natural antibodies do their job.  I don't like any vaccine that will reprogram my DNA.

There's good arguments on both sides.  If I hadn't had covid and not have strong antibodies, I would get vaccinated with the one that doesn't effect my DNA.

Which one does not effect your DNA? Is there a study you can provide which shows one that for sure effects your DNA?

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, KSpan said:

In case you're serious about the DNA reprogramming comment, that's not at all how these mRNA vaccines work. The vaccine contains a bit of viral mRNA (not complete, just a protein-encoding portion) that causes your body to build the spike protein itself based off of that blueprint and that blueprint is quickly broken down and disposed of after use, just like your regular cellular mRNA. From there, the antibodies react and you are then equipped to deal with foreign infection with the full virus capsule that includes the specific protein that your body recognizes.

Read here as well:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

That was a very interesting read I appreciate you posting.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

Hope they recover quickly without complications.

Schools are going to be a hot mess this year.  Plenty of reasons to worry about the safety of children.

It's going to be a real poo show I see now. Everything is going to get shut down again more than likely. Had my kid signed up for in person school but all this news has got me scared as hell and now signing him up online. This one worries me even more with children getting terrible ill and mine not old enough to even get the vaccine. Hate it for Zods family and hope everyone recovers well. These times make me miss the "old days" before Covid was ever a thing.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

The healthcare workers have been amazing through this, it's a joyous experience compared to the anti-vax fear mongering going around

I really feel for healthcare workers dealing with this poo in person on a daily basis. In my opinion it takes a special kind of bravery to take care of those deathly ill knowing their chances of contracting something even with being vaccinated are high. 

• Pie 2

These next couple months are going to be a sh*tshow. I'm fully vaccinated sitting at home, self isolated because I'm pretty sure I just have this new variant. Bartending is my livelihood, never did unemployment, so I can't avoid coming into contact with hundreds of randos every night. I'm literally done with people and their "freedoms". Easy solution to fixing this bs.

1. Get vaccinated 

2. If you don't want the vaccine, you must wear a mask at all times in public.

3. Make not wearing a mask in public while unvaccinated a finable offense, no tolerance policy = house arrest plus negative test at offenders cost.

I'm tired of people's politics, nature doesn't give af what you are, act like you care for others even if you really don't. 

• Pie 6
  • Poo 1

I myself just got a call last night that my youngest child’s daycare is shut down due to a covid outbreak. 

My wife is a teacher and today marks my oldest child’s first day of kindergarten, needless to say I’m a nervous wreck at the moment. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

Humor Boomer GIF

• Pie 6

20 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

These next couple months are going to be a sh*tshow. I'm fully vaccinated sitting at home, self isolated because I'm pretty sure I just have this new variant. Bartending is my livelihood, never did unemployment, so I can't avoid coming into contact with hundreds of randos every night. I'm literally done with people and their "freedoms". Easy solution to fixing this bs.

1. Get vaccinated 

2. If you don't want the vaccine, you must wear a mask at all times in public.

3. Make not wearing a mask in public while unvaccinated a finable offense, no tolerance policy = house arrest plus negative test at offenders cost.

I'm tired of people's politics, nature doesn't give af what you are, act like you care for others even if you really don't. 

Govern me harder, daddy! 🤣

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2