• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Press Conference today

Icege

Thursday after practice:

Reporters: Are the starters playing Saturday?

Rhule: You know, there's still a chance, obviously, we have to see, our OL depth is nursing, I mean our starting 5 could very well be nursing, and I want those guys fresh, 

Reporters: Lamar's starting....is Sam?

Rhule: I mean, Horn's going get some reps, so yeah, you definitely going see some starters come Saturday.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Just cut Denzel Perryman already, what a waste of a signing. Dude couldn’t stay healthy on the Chargers either 

You don't want to give up on the guy early but this is what people were trying to tell some fans who had him penciled in as the next all pro Panthers linebacker. Carolina took risks on multiple oft injured players for key roles and so far it's going as expected. Somehow the team didn't see it though.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Thursday after practice:

Reporters: Are the starters playing Saturday?

Rhule: You know, there's still a chance, obviously, we have to see, our OL depth is nursing, I mean our starting 5 could very well be nursing, and I want those guys fresh, 

Reporters: Lamar's starting....is Sam?

Rhule: I mean, Horn's going get some reps, so yeah, you definitely going see some starters come Saturday.

Just say Sam is getting some snaps. Who is he trying to fool? It’s the fugging preseason. Honestly that doesn’t speak well for Rhule. He needs to go boot camp with RBA. 

Edited by Harbingers

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Just say Sam is getting some snaps. Who is he trying to fool? It’s the fugging preseason. Honestly that doesn’t speak well for Rhule. He needs to go boot camp with RBA. 

Rhule is going to mimic the Ravens.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Came here to say this. 

Rhule is essentially playing follow the leader during these joint practices, for better or worse.

I don’t necessarily a bad thing. Him and Reich agreed to go all out with the 1s in practice and play the 2s and 3s in the game. They might do something similar this week.

Taking input from another coach is not a weakness, taking feedback and being open to suggestions is a strength.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Came here to say this. 

Rhule is essentially playing follow the leader during these joint practices, for better or worse.

Yep, following the lead of 11 win playoff teams that have different priorities.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Martin said:

I don’t necessarily a bad thing. Him and Reich agreed to go all out with the 1s in practice and play the 2s and 3s in the game. They might do something similar this week.

Taking input from another coach is not a weakness, taking feedback and being open to suggestions is a strength.

We are rebuilding back to back 5 win team.  Not a returning playoff team.   

Reich set the practices up and ran them how he wanted.  For his team.  Teams like the Colts are resting their starters.  Rhule admitted he had no input on how the practices would be set up.   He almost bragged about not having any of input.  Was weird. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

We are rebuilding back to back 5 win team.  Not a returning playoff team.   

Reich set the practices up and ran them how he wanted.  For his team.  Teams like the Colts are resting their starters.  Rhule admitted he had no input on how the practices would be set up.   He almost bragged about not having any of input.  Was weird. 

yeah that's a good way to install YOUR CULTURE, correct??? .

but on another note...

He talked about seeing Will throw more. That's a good sign...but also telling about how much less Sam is actually being discuss getting reps in-game situations...shouldn't the QB who just got the playbook, get more. I mean, what haven't they not seen from Will at this point? he was here all last season.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

yeah that's a good way to install YOUR CULTURE, correct??? .

but on another note...

He talked about seeing Will throw more. That's a good sign...but also telling about how much less Sam is actually being discuss getting reps in-game situations...shouldn't the QB who just got the playbook, get more. I mean, what haven't they not seen from Will at this point? he was here all last season.

I get why some of you are in love with Fields - you're still not over Cam Newton and wanted Cam Newton .5. That's weird, but understandable.

I don't understand why people seem to hate Rhule. He won 5 games last year (and made us a tough out in the rest) with, and I cannot emphasise this enough, a terrible roster. He's brought in back-to-back stellar Draft classes too.

He gets criticised for being an inexperienced College coach. He gets criticised for following the lead of an experienced NFL HC that won 11 games last year and took his team to the Playoffs. He literally can't win. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I get why some of you are in love with Fields - you're still not over Cam Newton and wanted Cam Newton .5. That's weird, but understandable.

I don't understand why people seem to hate Rhule. He won 5 games last year (and made us a tough out in the rest) with, and I cannot emphasise this enough, a terrible roster. He's brought in back-to-back stellar Draft classes too.

He gets criticised for being an inexperienced College coach. He gets criticised for following the lead of an experienced NFL HC that won 11 games last year and took his team to the Playoffs. He literally can't win. 

how did you come up with that from what i wrote....

I'm really not hating on Rhule, just curious to his logic of thinking right now, and there's no mention of Cam or Fields....