• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Jaguars are showcasing Gardner Minshew, plenty of teams should be interested

WarPanthers89

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I like Minshew.  His play-style reminds me a lot of Jake.  Would love to bring him in for the right price (late draft pick).

That being said, I'm higher on PJ than most, and I just don't see our staff bringing in another guy that would threaten Sam this season.  I think they're fully committed to giving Sam this full season, unchallenged and see if he can improve...  if he doesn't, then he's gone.

Yeah, I think Minshew would be viewed by the players and fans as Darnold competition more so than PJ competition.  And I think that is too sensitive of an area for this staff to mess with Menshew 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

It’s stunning, frankly, that Jacksonville hasn’t gotten more interest this year for Minshew. Although the number of competent quarterbacks has increased in recent years, teams still need them. Minshew has shown that he is one of them.

Why is it stunning? The Jaguars have gone all-in on Lawrence. Any team that's interested in Minshew just has to bide their time - there's no way you're getting fair value for a guy that's never going to start for you. 

Either you let him go for a knockdown price or you let him sit as the backup QB all year.

30 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why is it stunning? The Jaguars have gone all-in on Lawrence. Any team that's interested in Minshew just has to bide their time - there's no way you're getting fair value for a guy that's never going to start for you. 

Either you let him go for a knockdown price or you let him sit as the backup QB all year.

I also don't think that many teams are eyeballing Minshew as a starter. A top shelf backup is more likely.

23 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

No. No. No. 

Draft a stud or pick up a proven veteran. This bargain bin nonsense has to stop. 

he proved he can play and did as a fing jaguar ....

++++++++++++++++++++

i heard the jags asking price was a late 1.....teams went else where....now the price is much lower, but teams moved on with other QBs.

Minshew MAY be better than Darnold.

But if he is, he still doesn't seem like he's likely to be good enough to be a franchise kind of QB. 

He also may not be.  The bet on Darnold is about potential, not play so far, and it's hard to argue Minshew has more potential than Darnold.

I'd rather fail with Darnold than suffer with Minshew, now that he's our QB.  And if Darnold is as bad as some fear, he might just help us get our next QB.