• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Controversy

CPsinceDay1

6 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I could say the same for you, you so sensitive...PJ really scares you don't he?

Wouldn’t you be scared of consistently going 4-13 with him as your starting QB? I guess the good news is we’ll get a lot of practice drafting top 5. 

Can’t win long term with him. Everyone sees it but you. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Varking said:

Wouldn’t you be scared of consistently going 4-13 with him as your starting QB? I guess the good news is we’ll get a lot of practice drafting top 5. 

Can’t win long term with him. Everyone sees it but you. 

9 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

How is this still going ?

Disclaimer: Long a...post incoming

Our QBs this Preseason

FIRST OFF CONGRATS TO OUR QBS PROTECTING THE BALL ALL PRESEASON, LETS CONTINUTE THAT IN THE SEASON...

R.jpg.b78e8bcf140c0ae29fb5a0199815c016.jpg

252 yards 1TD PJ Walker  4yds  rushing 0TD  on 1 attempts our offense scored 22 points, and he had Slye missed an extra point.*He hit Smith to put us in scoring position, when Will ran it in* Gave the score to Will...so...

222 yards 0TD Will Grier 32yds rushing 1TD  on 7 attempts our offense scored 13 points,*his TD run came from PJ setting up the drive in the RZ*

178 yards 2TD Sam Darnold 5yds rushing 0TD, on 1 attempts our offense scored 17 points, Slye also missed a FG, so there's that.

One thing that stood out the most to me, PJ only attempt at rushing came when avoiding pressure. 
He purposely, decided not to run...guess he's trying to prove he's capable of standing in the pocket, and move side to side if needed
to make the throw.

Will Grier was the Huddle's Golden Boy after week 2, but not so much after week 3, Darnold finally played...lol
But looking up...hmmmm, did Will Grier, a recent cut NFL player, who's been on the bench most of his career, look just
as good as Darnold, if not but almost better??? Darnold did throw a laser to Robbie....against a secondary that's not even on the team...wait what????....

PJ 0 sacks allowed...Will  5 sacks allowed....Darnold 1 sack allowed

Now, here comes the fun...I mean, really, does it matter..it was just preseason.

So, the real season begins...

53 man roster was recently established, and with that you can pretty much tell who was the scrubs...

What does this all mean...I don't know...I haven't researched yet, but as I'm typing we shall 
find out together...

down the rabbit hole...

1694702096_tenor(2).gif.9b6b3827054be2fbdbaa716f865cbdb9.gif

oh, this is going to be good...I can feel it...let's see who face what kind of competition???

PJ Faced Off With:

FS Julian Blackmon Starter
LCB Isaiah Rodgers 3rd 
LDT Antwaun Woods  2nd
RDT Chris Williams 3rd
SS George Odum     2nd
SLB Zaire Franklin Starter
SLB Matthew Adams  2nd
RDE Isaac Rochell  3rd
CB  TJ Carrie      Starter
LDE Kemoko Turay   2nd
LCB Isaiah Rodgers 3rd
LDT Antwaun Woods  2nd

PJ faced off against 12 players who made their teams final 53 man roster, (3) Starters, (5) 2nd Team Players, and (4) 3rd Team Players.

Will Grier Faced Off With:

Kristian Welch 3rd RILB
Brandon Stephens 2nd FS
Brandon Williams starter NT
Odafe Oweh 2nd WLB
Marcus Peters starter LCB
Chris Board 2nd RILB
JaylonFerguson 3rd SLB
Broderick Washington 2nd LDE
Daelin Hayes 3rd WLB
Chris Westry 4th RCB
Tyus Bowser Starter WLB
Patrick Queen Starter RILB
Derek Wolfe Starter LDE
Justin Madubuike 2nd RDE
Malik Harrison Starter LILB
Deshon Elliott Starter FS
Chuck Clark Starter SS

Will faced off with 17 players that made the 53 man roster for the Ravens, (8) STARTERS, (5) 2nd Team Players, (3) 3rd Team Players...

LMAO....I see why Rhule didn't want to start Darnold for Week 2...I have gain so much respect for Will, smh....lol

Now the part I've been waiting for...omg...i still can't believe what I just find out...Harbaugh was playing HARDBALL

Let's see if Tomlin, you know, Tepper's ol' buddy, felt the same...

drumroll plz...

Sam Darold Faced Off With:

Buddy Johnson 3rd LILB
Chris Wormley Starter LDE
Isaiahh Loudermilk 3rd RDE
Herny Mondeaux 2nd RDE
Jamir Jones 3rd SLB
Carlos Davis 3rd NT
Isaiah Buggs 2nd NT
Tre Norwood  2nd FS
Marcus Allen 3rd RILB
Miles Killebrew 2nd SS
Justin Layne 2nd RCB
James Pierre 2nd LCB
Ulysees Gilbert3 2nd LILB
Robert Spillane 2nd RILB

Faced 14 players who made the Steelers 53 man roster, (1) Starter, (8) 2nd Team players, (5) 3rd Team players...*Tomlin replaced ("5")2nd Team Players with ("5") 3rd Team Players after the 1st quarter...*

THE 2021 NFL SEASON IS UPON US....

HOW LONG CAN DARNOLD STAND UP TO THE 1'S TO PROTECT HIS CLAIM AT QB1???

Edited by CPsinceDay1

28 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

One thing that stood out the most to me, PJ only attempt at rushing came when avoiding pressure. 
He purposely, decided not to run...guess he's trying to prove he's capable of standing in the pocket, and move side to side if needed
to make the throw.

He showed he couldn’t. 41% completions remember? I don’t disagree with a lot of your post. I just think you are intentionally overhyping a guy with horrific numbers just to troll the message board here and deep down you know this guy isn’t a starter. 

the other part I dislike about your type of fandom is that you don’t just want the backup to do well, you actively want the starter to play poorly just so your guy can get game action. When he got it last year he played horrible. There’s no way to make 1 TD and 5 INTs sound like it’s good or league average. It’s horrible. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

He showed he couldn’t. 41% completions remember? I don’t disagree with a lot of your post. I just think you are intentionally overhyping a guy with horrific numbers just to troll the message board here and deep down you know this guy isn’t a starter. 

the other part I dislike about your type of fandom is that you don’t just want the backup to do well, you actively want the starter to play poorly just so your guy can get game action. When he got it last year he played horrible. There’s no way to make 1 TD and 5 INTs sound like it’s good or league average. It’s horrible. 

Don't be so heartless. His kids put a lot of effort in their PJ signs.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

Can be fix...ain't that the assumption with Darnold.

2 bad throws in the RZ...against Detroit. And it's already been said, proven this preseason our RZ offense sucks...and that was before we knew it was a problem...PJ was trying to hard, first game...still won though. And the energy the defense had from our offense energy is what's so addictive when it comes to PJ, some call "IT" "ENTERTAINMENT"

And how many fans on here dislike PJ(Mr.Scot)??? or when Cam was here, wanted Kyle Allen to be the new franchise QB...lol...

I've personally been burned by Darnold, once again...-4 pts...i lost my Fantasy Superbowl(ALOTOF$) by 2 pts...I could've picked up a backup QB to sit on the bench with 0 pts and won. So I JUST DONT LIKE SAM...I STRONGLYDISLIKE DARNOLD...

And I like PJ, I actually liked him over Teddy last year

I don't think this new FO knows what a real QB looks like seeing how they just let one walk, under a better contract for one, they paid to leave, to one, i dunno, then passing, on Fields, hell even Mac...*PATs STARTER*....my only hope is PJ....

First year PSL owner for XMAS...by May you find out your season is with Sam Darnold at QB1...

R.gif.f7f7536f734e89ebc87cd9199c328bb8.gif

Edited by CPsinceDay1

13 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Can be fix...ain't that the assumption with Darnold.

2 bad throws in the RZ...against Detroit. And it's already been said, proven this preseason our RZ offense sucks...and that was before we knew it was a problem...PJ was trying to hard, first game...still won though. And the energy the defense had from our offense energy is what's so addictive when it comes to PJ, some call "IT" "ENTERTAINMENT"

And how many fans on here dislike PJ(Mr.Scot)??? or when Cam was here, wanted Kyle Allen to be the new franchise QB...lol...

I've personally been burned by Darnold, once again...-4 pts...i lost my Fantasy Superbowl(ALOTOF$) by 2 pts...I could've picked up a backup QB to sit on the bench with 0 pts and won. So I JUST DONT LIKE SAM...I STRONGLYDISLIKE DARNOLD...

And I like PJ, I actually liked him over Teddy last year

I don't think this new FO knows what a real QB looks like seeing how they just let one walk, under a better contract for one, they paid to leave, to one, i dunno, then passing, on Fields, hell even Mac...*PATs STARTER*....my only hope is PJ....

First year PSL owner for XMAS...by May you find out your season is with Sam Darnold at QB1...

R.gif.f7f7536f734e89ebc87cd9199c328bb8.gif

What made you like him randomly over Teddy that you were sold on this guy by seasons end? 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

What made you like him randomly over Teddy that you were sold on this guy by seasons end? 

I liked him coming out of the XFL, like Fitterer said his style of play...

If someone, like Sean Ryan(anti-Shula), worked with him, his ceiling is high. Looking back, at our FO moves, especially with Rhule, he believes in PJ enough to have him as insurance in case Darnold fails...he still was able to get his lockdown CB, which was needed, after all it's been Phil Snow Defense that's been the real reason for Rhule's success. 

And I don't hope Darnold fails, I just don't believe he will succeed, like most feel about PJ...

At least with PJ, there's hope...an unknown factor...which by the way, I liked how they had him cool it back some after week1...

Ya'll seen Fitterer's interview after that week 1 performance from PJ, and no sight of Darnold...

22778651_giphy(6).gif.0b71b02ddcd841b046a52f0302665ad2.gif

Edited by CPsinceDay1

20 minutes ago, Varking said:

I dont know about the other poster I've been a fan since the XFL, but I was sold once I saw the defense literally play better just because the QB played better. We talk about the 2nd half of the season & the defense, but it started with the Detroit lions game, that was the heel turn. PJ Walker came with that energy and the defense responded. Laugh if yall want,  but if matt rhule kept PJ walker in for the rest of the 2020 season? 9/10 wins.

Edited by Tinamedina
  • Pie 1