• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be a happier you - Learn to ignore others

Zod

1 minute ago, Montsta said:

If you feel that way, you care way too much. You are where I was a year ago. 

Like do I really give a poo if PantherzDood42069 likes Megan Rapinoe and I do not? The fact that I’d find myself drinking a beer with friends on a Friday night while browsing here and letting SteveSmithIzMyGodddzz actually affect my mood in real life made me do some personal reflecting on what affects me, and things have never been better. 

And it wasn’t just here, I deleted all social media, Reddit, basically everything toxic in life, and my life has never been more stress free. 

Just this man’s opinion, but you seem like you are where I was and it isn’t healthy. 

Social media was great at it's inception but it is literally rewiring people's brains and making them unhappy. Of the limited amounts that I use, it's for specific hobbies and interests and absolutely zero percent for what they want you to use it for. 

Anytime any media(internet or TV alike) is impacting your mental health, time to turn it the fug off. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Social media was great at it's inception but it is literally rewiring people's brains and making them unhappy. Of the limited amounts that I use, it's for specific hobbies and interests and absolutely zero percent for what they want you to use it for. 

Anytime any media(internet or TV alike) is impacting your mental health, time to turn it the fug off. 

Exactly. I’ve never had a Facebook but I did the IG thing to post with friends and distant family, and then people started posting more freely their political thoughts about every conceivable subject, and I found it aggravating and then realized, why follow this every day if it doesn’t bring joy to my life? So I deleted it all and I’m a happier person for it, as well as less toxic myself around those I care about. Win win for everyone. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Montsta said:

Exactly. I’ve never had a Facebook but I did the IG thing to post with friends and distant family, and then people started posting more freely their political thoughts about every conceivable subject, and I found it aggravating and then realized, why follow this every day if it doesn’t bring joy to my life? So I deleted it all and I’m a happier person for it, as well as less toxic myself around those I care about. Win win for everyone. 

I have seen these things(media of all sorts) destroy people's lives and well being on a consistent and unfortunately accelerating basis. The more people that realize these platforms don't have to control your life, the better off society will be. Life is meant to be lived out in the real world and not through a little glowing screen. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I like the idea of some attention starved idiot screaming into the void personally

i started ignoring ppl when i got old enough to realize that a lot of posters are crazier than a shithouse rat, and would probably be committed to an asylum in a different time in the history of medicine.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Mods can’t be bothered with getting rid of all the racists and misogyny here so do their job for them.

If that’s what’s going on then it’s obviously a problem. But one thing I like about this forum is we typically have enough level headed people here to call out this sort of thing and bury all their arguments. 

That said I haven’t ventured to the Lounge of Tinderbox in a while.

Dude, I'm sorry for your loss.

My instinct was to rant. But it felt wrong. It seems that's all anyone does anymore. It feels like we're all broken. What happened to our humanity? I'm old enough to remember when people didn't generally hate and distrust one another like we seem to do now. This is not who we really are. I think we all need to take a step back and remember who we really are and what's really important in life. It for damn sure isn't anything we'll experience in this God forsaken internet world. 

5 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

My instinct was to rant. But it felt wrong. It seems that's all anyone does anymore. It feels like we're all broken. What happened to our humanity? I'm old enough to remember when people didn't generally hate and distrust one another like we seem to do now. This is not who we really are. I think we all need to take a step back and remember who we really are and what's really important in life. It for damn sure isn't anything we'll experience in this God forsaken internet world. 

You'd hate Spokane.  Rudest, most untrustworthy, most arrogant, most self-absorbed place I've lived yet.

An abject cesspool of misery.

14 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

You've been called out. Get wrecked.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

You've been called out. Get wrecked.

I openly and often tell people to get vaccinated. Everyone should get vaccinated. However, the only way to get more people vaccinated is by talking to them and trying to remove their doubts. Sharing correct information and personal experiences is how we do that. If people are banned then we can't convince them now can we? That is why I responded negatively. People will not suddenly become unvaxxed if they have already taken it but maybe, we can convince someone to become vaxxed but we can't do that if they aren't here.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Montsta said:

Why dont you take your anti vax and pro covid bs away, just like you've been forever around here.  No one waf missed your ass or your asshole views.