• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perryman: maybe we just cut him?

saX man

1 hour ago, saX man said:

I mean, he's still not ready.  He's not counting a ton towards the cap, maybe we drop the experiment before it starts.  We have Reddick, Shaq, Carter, Luuvu in the LB room anyways.  May do better getting a final cut from another team at MLB to backup Carter.  

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/17/panthers-preseason-injury-updates-lb-denzel-perryman/

I completely agree. Roster spots are valuable. While not a major factor you also have to include his lack of ability to attend any internal  after hour Panther team-building events due to his vaccination stance. Whether you are for vaccinations or against it teams are at a disadvantage that have unvaccinated players. 

3 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Cut him and pick up a guy with some experience to play behind Carter.

LB is our weakest unit. I'm sure Rhule and Fitterer have their eyes on the waiver wire when teams cut down to 53. I'm 99% sure you could pick up two or three guys that are better than our starters.

Chinn should have won DROTY last season - he plastered over a lot of cracks. 

4 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I thought we were signing these injury prone guys because we now had sports science and poo.

I'm getting really close to demanding answers.

I am not sure really what to think. They piled up injury prone player after injury prone player this offseason but that wasn't the case in 2020. I guess we need to wait until 2022 offseason to figure out if this is a trend. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I thought we were signing these injury prone guys because we now had sports science and poo.

I'm getting really close to demanding answers.

Yeah, looking at their history, Erving and Perryman are the headscratchers.  The others, I can see about being in a bad situation or having potential to be tapped, but mid-career journeymen like these two didn't quite fit the vibe of the team.  Elflein you could convince me even though Jets & Vikes fans disliked him.  I'm actually quite pleased with the rest of the FA but Erving and Denzel are just odd choices.