• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Little traded to Dolphins for 7th rounder

amcoolio

No team can compete in today's game with garbage at the LT position. I admit that I was giddy to see that he wouldn't be taking up a roster spot during the 2021 season. But, after I saw that he was traded for a 7th round pick a couple of thoughts popped into my mind

1) The Panthers must really thought extremely LITTLE (no pun intended) of his chances of becoming even a service backup in the NFL to cut bait with a 2nd round pick in exchange for a 7th round pick.

2) How will Greg Little process this transaction? What does it do to his confidence to know that he's a LT that "almost" went in the 1st round; that was traded away to a team for a 7th round draft choice (the round with the least chance of making a NFL roster) halfway through his rookie deal?  

If he's mentally tough this could light a fire under him and actually make him play better. If so, good for him. I'm inclined to believe he won't even make the Dolphin's final roster, and if he does I doubt it'll be as a LT. He'd probably have to moved inside to the guard position.

Everyone just be so grateful that Burns was there in the first. Not just because Brian Burns might end up being the third best defensive player in panthers history but also because Hurney was going to take Little in the first had Burns not been there. 

LMAO god I'm so glad Hurney is gone 

Quite possibly the most disappointing bust ever, when factoring in the need at position. We needed a LT for around eight years now, at least we only had to suffer thru one year of Jimmy before we got Cam.

Guy had the pedigree(top 5 h.s prospect, all sec) height and measurables. If he would have even been average I would have been ecstatic......what a waste

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Is...is this what it feels like to have a competent GM?

It might be.

I have as many positive feelings as anyone at this point, but realistically we still haven't made it out of the offseason yet.

There's a lot we don't know about Fitterer thus far. We'll really see how the team he helped put together looks when the bullets start flying.

Same with Rhule for that matter. Lots of coaches look good their rookie season but not so much afterward. He's still at least something of an unknown till we see more.

• Pie 3