• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: Moton is the top RT and second LT behind Erving.

SgtJoo

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I pray some old vet LT gets cut later and we can rent them for a year.

I don't wish serious injury on anyone, but I hope Erving stay dinged up just enough not to play and forces our hand to play Moton at LT and Christensen at RT just to see if the answers might actually be on the roster because LT would be one helluva box to check off moving forward.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't wish serious injury on anyone, but I hope Erving stay dinged up just enough not to play and forces our hand to play Moton at LT and Christensen at RT just to see if the answers might actually be on the roster because LT would be one helluva box to check off moving forward.

I just hate actually having a really good RT....and then moving him so we end up not having any actually good lineman.  

Not doubt Moton is the best option likely at LT.  But I'd rather us get at LT.  Crazy, I know. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I just hate actually having a really good RT....and then moving him so we end up not having any actually good lineman.  

Not doubt Moton is the best option likely at LT.  But I'd rather us get at LT.  Crazy, I know. 

Ideally, me too. But then what was the point of drafting Christensen and then focusing on him playing RT? A 3rd round pick is a steep price to pay for a guy you plan on just being a backup.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ideally, me too. But then what was the point of drafting Christensen and then focusing on him playing RT? A 3rd round pick is a steep price to pay for a guy you plan on just being a backup.

well, seems like a bad plan.  If that was the plan.   We had 4 spots on the OL we aren't very good at...and one we are very good at.  

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well, seems like a bad plan.  If that was the plan.   We had 4 spots on the OL we aren't very good at...and one we are very good at.  

It's a bad plan if that's the plan. I think they pretty much realize that Moton is gonna end up at LT this season. Honestly, it's a good thing. Let's find out of he can be the answer there. We're gonna hope that Erving can stay healthy but the guy couldn't even make it though the shorts and t-shirt days of camp before he was already injured. It's just highly doubtful he's going to remain available and I honestly think that's why they've focused on RT for Christensen. Moton at LT and Christensen at RT this season feels inevitable even if it's not plan A.

• Pie 2