• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best move of the off-season

CPsinceDay1

I truly like the kid, but letting Samuel go into FA...

Rhule had a clear plan about our receiver group and before hindsight/the season starts. That group is special.

and retaining Moton. Showed we are in a different era, there's going be some up's and downs but at the time I didn't see, or believe our WRs would look stronger after losing Samuel especially how he played for us last year.

#FittRhules

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I truly like the kid, but letting Samuel go into FA...

Rhule had a clear plan about our receiver group and before hindsight/the season starts. That group is special.

and retaining Moton. Showed we are in a different era, there's going be some up's and downs but at the time I didn't see, or believe our WRs would look stronger after losing Samuel especially how he played for us last year.

#FittRhules

Couldn't agree more. I love Samuel and wish him a ton of success in Washington. But letting him go was the right call. And it's no contest. Plus having the foresight to get a player like Marshall in the draft allows us to have leverage with Robby next season instead of cornering ourselves when his contract is up (if Marshall performs). It feels like there's actually a plan with these moves and many aren't being looked at in a funnel, but more a bigger picture / longer term.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Moves like that make you smile. We should never pick a #3 WR when we have questions about retaining someone like Moton. Can you imagine our line right now without him?

The move by Hurndog still makes you cringe at how typical it was for him to let someone like Bradberry walk and sign Shaq to a huge deal. We could have tagged and traded and the least. 

• Pie 4

17 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Moves like that make you smile. We should never pick a #3 WR when we have questions about retaining someone like Moton. Can you imagine our line right now without him?

The move by Hurndog still makes you cringe at how typical it was for him to let someone like Bradberry walk and sign Shaq to a huge deal. We could have tagged and traded and the least. 

We have a long history of making the wrong decision when having to decide between two players.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Rhule had a clear plan

That's why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. Fitterer too. 

Is BC RT, LT, guard?    Not sure, but Rhule has a clear plan.

Why did we bring in a bunch of often injured vets at CB, LT, LG, LB?   Not sure, but Rhule has a clear plan.

Sam Darnold?!?!    Not sure, but Rhule has a clear plan.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Try to forget about what happened to Josh Norman then... 😬

3 hours ago, EgoDogg said:

Couldn't agree more. I love Samuel and wish him a ton of success in Washington. But letting him go was the right call. And it's no contest. Plus having the foresight to get a player like Marshall in the draft allows us to have leverage with Robby next season instead of cornering ourselves when his contract is up (if Marshall performs). It feels like there's actually a plan with these moves and many aren't being looked at in a funnel, but more a bigger picture / longer term.

Same.  As much as I enjoyed Samuel’s time here, he was often injured and didn’t really excel until that last year with us.  He’s been hurt already for WFT as well.  This WR group looks very good.  It was a rough day at practice, but we know what DJ and Robby can do, and TMJ has looked great so far in camp (aside from drops today).  Shi Smith has flashed.  David Moore is a guy who can make a play if his number is called.  Really exciting times.  Can’t fix every position in one offseason.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1