• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold , other starters WILL play Saturday.

Zod

2 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

Need to quit emotionally cuddling his ass and make him play at least a quarter.. I understand the risks of injury but there is a need for repetition and conditioning too

A Quarter?

I would play him the entire 1st Half to make up for not playing at all in the first game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Well enough to become the starter right away

That has already been handed to him on a silver platter sans competition.  

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

and our franchise QB by year end.

That would be good!  Let's hope you are right...Silver Platter Sam for Franchise QB!!

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

That has already been handed to him on a silver platter sans competition.  

That would be good!  Let's hope you are right...Silver Platter Sam for Franchise QB!!

I would think that he has suffered in purgatory long enough to deserve a shot with a legitimate team. Considering how little we paid for him I have been encouraged so far and have no problem easing him in instead of David Carring him at this point. Like it or not, Rhule is the boss and hopefully he knows the best way to get Darnold ready. I will keep an open mind and see what happens. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This is the second to last game of preseason. Didn't starters usually go at least a quarter in the 3rd game in the past? He'll have all next week to heal. It's important that he get some live game reps this week. 

4/6, 45 yards. 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

We'll be trying to establish a running game to identify CMC's backup. Now CMC needs to stay home. Don't even have him in the stadium.

37 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

This is the second to last game of preseason. Didn't starters usually go at least a quarter in the 3rd game in the past? He'll have all next week to heal. It's important that he get some live game reps this week. 

4/6, 45 yards. 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

We'll be trying to establish a running game to identify CMC's backup. Now CMC needs to stay home. Don't even have him in the stadium.

In the past there were 4 preseason games. Starters played a lot in the third game. This year there are 3 preseason games and a week off between the final game and the regular season. Also the cut down structure is different.  With fewer game we had more joint practices for the starters. Its a different scenario than the past so it's not directly comparable.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

In the past there were 4 preseason games. Starters played a lot in the third game. This year there are 3 preseason games and a week off between the final game and the regular season. Also the cut down structure is different.  With fewer game we had more joint practices for the starters. Its a different scenario than the past so it's not directly comparable.

See. That's not so difficult to understand now is it?

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I get that this season is not DIRECTLY comparable to past seasons. My only concern is that games are drastically different than practices, even joint ones. Starters are usually on a play/time count in that 3rd preseason game. And teams have used the 4th game in case they wanted to get them in a bit longer, for confidence if nothing else.