• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A comment in a presser today

KB_fan

11 hours ago, 54th man said:

Np practice squad players can be poached by any team as long as a team puts them on their 53 man roster 

I believe we have the ability to protect 4 players on the practice squad this year.

*Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons. The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.
Clarification
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Rhule or Snow (sorry, I forget now which it was) mentioned something in today's presser that got me thinking about something.

He reminded the media of how few games a lot of the rookies played last year, while making a comment about the importance of managing player reps and needing depth. (I think it was Rhule talking about why it's so impressive that Jaycee is already acting like a pro in terms of caring for his body). This 17 game season is going to be BRUTAL for a lot of our rookies.  The rookie wall could be way more evident than normal since many played so little last year.

Makes me think it might be wise to temper expectations for the late part of the season. Hopefully youth will be an advantage and our guys will stay strong. But 17 games is going to be a shock to them mentally and physically.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here with that observation. That rookie wall is going to be real and probably higher than ever before. But what's a coach to do? It's not like every team isn't facing the same situation.

And for vets, I wonder how teams that went deep into the playoffs last season will fair as this longer season wears on. Will we see more injuries or weariness from the Bucs and Chiefs? 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Inimicus said:

LOL yeah

Not a big college football guy so I dont really know much about these kids before they are playing in the NFL

There was a "welcome to Charlotte" video for Horn out there, I think on the Panthers website. You should watch it - worth seeing how his dad is decked out. 🤣

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Raskle said:

There was a "welcome to Charlotte" video for Horn out there, I think on the Panthers website. You should watch it - worth seeing how his dad is decked out. 🤣

Just learned today via Scott Fowler's latest column that Joe Horn is living in Charlotte to support Jaycee   Hopefully we'll be seeing him at every game decked out in Panthers gear.  Just a fun way to dunk a bit on the Aints!

• Pie 1