• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wrestling

methodtoll

19 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Sort of bummed no one will debut at Ashe, unless Wyatt??? But yeah ... what a PPV.

wyatt was fired on july 31st which means he can't go anywhere until october 29th. perfect date for them to do a halloween special to debut him. but idk if they even should, they already have malakai and do you really want to have 2 spooky boys? it might dilute them

On 9/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, party_animal said:

CM Punk's ode to Hitman vs 123 Kid was cool. Adam Cole presents like a mega star, just like when i first saw him wrestling for PWG. I think as a performer, he's light-years ahead of Omega. And Danielson will get a huge reaction anywhere, I think he's the best in ring performer in the last 20 years.

The Omega v Okada matches are a series of the best I have ever seen. Those are what puts Omega above Bryan at the moment. However, I will admit that WWE employs a very safe style and now that the restraints will be off of BD a little more, I could see him absolutely being the real best in the world. 

• Pie 1

On 9/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, methodtoll said:

Does any one else feel like The Elite is this generation's NWO? I just have a feeling that the group will continue to grow. 

Its soo weird seeing Daniel Bryan in AEW but happy for him. Adam Cole will be a good heel for AEW.

I guess the next big debut will be Bray Wyatt

The Elite are really only missing a female to make the group complete. I think the difference between The Elite and the NWO was that the NWO ended up allowing just about everyone in the group. I think The Elite will limit who can be in. 

On 9/6/2021 at 12:03 AM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Now THAT was a PPV. Absolutely amazing. And other than the Wight match, every match was GREAT. I figured we'd get one debut, but THREE? AND Suzuki? Unreal. I am totes buying the Adam Cole shirt lol. Sort of bummed no one will debut at Ashe, unless Wyatt??? But yeah ... what a PPV.

It would be cool to see somebody who doesn't belong to AEW debut. I would love to see Jay White show up. 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

It would be cool to see somebody who doesn't belong to AEW debut. I would love to see Jay White show up. 

Well he did do stuff for Impact recently. And we all know that AEW, Impact, New Japan, MLW, AAA, GCW, and NWA are all lightly doing business. I know you can never slay WWE ... but if that lot really joins forces more ... wow. Not sure why ROH isn't playing ball.

So Kevin Owens took 'Owens' off his Twitter. Now it just says Kevin. In the editible part of course. He then tweeted and QUICKLY deleted the coord. to Mt. Rushmore ... which was a stable he had with Adam Cole and the YB back in the day. Looks like Kevin STEEN is up next. Even Pete Dunne is thinking about moving on.

• Pie 2

22 hours ago, party_animal said:

Lol. The pitch for Adam Cole to stay and go up to the main roster included turning Keith Lee heel, brining up Adam Cole to be his manager, and changing Adam Cole's name so he isn't confused for Michael Cole. 

Why the hell is Brother Love in charge of the pencil for WWE?

A lot of their ideas for “creative” are straight up trash. Why do you take one of the best modern day in ring performers in Adam Cole and make him a manager and not allow him to wrestle? It’s ridiculous. 

On 9/10/2021 at 9:13 AM, party_animal said:

Lol. The pitch for Adam Cole to stay and go up to the main roster included turning Keith Lee heel, brining up Adam Cole to be his manager, and changing Adam Cole's name so he isn't confused for Michael Cole. 

Why the hell is Brother Love in charge of the pencil for WWE?

I think it all goes back to the quarantine tapings at the training center. They were so desperate to cut costs that any well-paid bookers/creatives were shown the door. They probably went back to Brother Love because he could remember the days when TV wrasslin' was filmed in a small studio.

Honestly, though, I'm just tired of 25 minute who cares matches that are just the repeat of last week and the week before. They've taken the exotic  triple threat match and made it humdrum, cliched and overdone. They've relegated all luchadors to the 24-7 chase mob. They keep dragging the old celebs out of retirement to be monsters and have basically just stolen the Godfather and given it a South Pacific spin. Next up Jeff Hardy will find the Ruby Wrasslin Boots and embark on a journey with Lince Dorado, the Swiss Cyborg and Ricochet to take down Shinsuke Nakamura and his flying Boogz monkey to save the Emerald City at Crown Jewels. How about 12 Angry Men reimagined as a six-man tornado tag team match?

Geez, it can't be that difficult!

Welp. Looks like I'll be seeing a PPV quality Dynamite next week! Beyond psyched to get to see Danielson and Omega go at it. Wow wow wow.

Sort of annoyed they're doing Rampage too. Show won't be over til like 12:30 and the crowd will be dead by then. But it's the only way to get to see Punk.

Will def buy an event t-shirt!

Then two days later it's GCW. I hope everyone throws trash at Cardona again. I so want to do that.