• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Pod: Panthers Camp in Review

ellis

Was a pleasure to chronicle camp this year from Wofford. We took some time to review some of the highlights from a spirited camp, and plenty of details from their final day w/ the Ravens. 

(Pardon the audio, I was on the road for the first segment.)

Thanks for allowing me to share, and I hope you guys enjoy! 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Enjoyed the listen, especially around the 41:10 mark, things got quite interesting, some strong feelings there for a certain QB

Appreciate you listening. I have tried to be open minded about Will’s development, and it’s certainly nothing personal. I covered his first camp. There was a considerable gap between Allen and Grier that summer, in terms of consistency.

He’s efficient, and accurate. I still think some of his fundamentals break down a little bit with moderate pocket pressure. Walker has continued to improve, and has great timing on vertical shots. Still has a tendency to take some gambles, and that’s something to work on. That’s a good foundation to work from with a young quarterback, IMO. Coachable guy w/ tremendous athletic traits. 

Will was so good at West Virginia, and the system was perfect for him. Teammates really like him, and again, he has nice accuracy and good timing on intermediate-level throws. I just don’t see next-level development happening. I get the sense this staff, for most part, prefers PJ to Will. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 1

18 hours ago, ellis said:

Was a pleasure to chronicle camp this year from Wofford. We took some time to review some of the highlights from a spirited camp, and plenty of details from their final day w/ the Ravens. 

(Pardon the audio, I was on the road for the first segment.)

Thanks for allowing me to share, and I hope you guys enjoy! 

John, this was terrific, thoroughly enjoyed it 

• Beer 1