• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Ravens at Panthers GameDay thread

Zod

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Still a lot of questions to be answered for the Panthers after Saturday's 20-3 preseason loss to the Ravens. Didn't see enough of starting QB Sam Darnold to say he is ready. Backup Will Grier was an efficient 11-for-14 for 144 yards, but he failed to lead a TD drive. The red zone in particular has been dreadful this preseason.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Still a lot of questions to be answered for the Panthers after Saturday's 20-3 preseason loss to the Ravens. Didn't see enough of starting QB Sam Darnold to say he is ready. Backup Will Grier was an efficient 11-for-14 for 144 yards, but he failed to lead a TD drive. The red zone in particular has been dreadful this preseason.

Joe Brady needs to step up bigtime

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Debby Downer Dave as usual!!!

53 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

There is no 3-5 year process in the NFL. This isn't college. You don't build an NFL team like a college team although our owner and front office seems to think you do.

You definitely dont build teams to be consistently good in 1 year either. 

46 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Oh so the Ravens did have another QB, they just didn't play him until it was time to kneel down.

How weird - I wonder if we fuged them up in training camp and this was their revenge? Playing the second stringers deep into the fourth quarter.

I obviously don’t strongly follow the Ravens’ preseason games but I don’t think you win 19 straight preseason games on accident or because you legitimately have the strongest depth of any team like 5 years in a row. My guess is they try a little harder in preseason than most teams…Harbaugh is probably big on “winning culture” or something, i.e. winning in the preseason carries over into the regular season.

• Pie 2