• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joey Slye needs to be cut immediately.

hepcat

Im not a GM but Ill never understand how teams seem to not value the position in the draft. If someone like Justin Tucker was available and you picked him in the 4th round wouldnt you do it knowing your worries at the position are gone for the next decade? Versus maybe getting a backup receiver or linebacker like 4th rounders usually are? How many losses do you think the Ravens have avoided the last decade by not missing kicks? How many games did we lose by 3 or less last year where Slye missed at least one kick? I know Vikings, Saints, Chiefs for sure. Poo adds up

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ncstatekwi said:

Yep…said it after last game…in 2 games he has left 7 puts on the board!!!  That’s the difference between winning and losing in this league!!

This^^^ In this league, there are a ton of games decided in the last minute on a field goal attempt. Question is: Do we trust Joey Slye to win games? We all know it could be a 2 to 3 game difference. 

Remember the Gano miss against Denver starting the 2016 season, and the mental effect it had?

Young talented team here... that needs the ball to bounce their way during these moments more times than not. Would build confidence that they can win the tight games!

• Beer 1

Two turnovers and no points to show. Albeit, a preseason game. And Slye is the only guy on the board with points? Sure, blame him. Grab your quills and ink, and jot out missives about the yester-years of past panther lore's to your whims. By the way, I am no Slye apologist, the position certainly needs attention.

I submit to you, you are missing the much bigger picture here. He was the only person with points on the board tonight and after a RZ opportunity, two turnovers that favored the offense, which in return, garnered no results. I just happen to blame preseason and that's just me.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uh oh...

Very little room for error in the NFL for kickers. They have basically one job... what distance was the FG he missed from, like 30 yards? If you cannot handle the pressure of a pre-season game, guess what? You're out! Don't be surprised if he is cut come Monday or Tuesday.

2 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Im not a GM but Ill never understand how teams seem to not value the position in the draft.

I'm with you. 

Highest scoring position in the league to the point where of the top-50 scorers in NFL history only one (1) is not a kicker -- Jerry Rice at #38.

Only 5 in top-75...Jerry (#38), Emmit Smith (#58), LaDainian Tomlinson (#67), Randy Moss (#72), Terrell Owens (#74). 

And people whine about Gano being overpaid...he was the best scorer in Panthers history.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1