• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

70 + 77 = legit

Zod

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's getting very frustrating how hell-bent we are not to play Moton at LT.

Yup. Moton has the ability and skill to play LT and anytime he’s been there, game or practice has indicated he can handle it. The whole back and forth just makes it annoying. They could have had him at LT and brought in a guy like a solid RT vet in Morgan Moses. It’s not like he went to a contender or for much money. Freaking Cam Erving signed for more money and has never proved more than a so so backup. Would have stabilized both tackle positions.

Instead they feel more comfortable playing musical chairs with him and hoping a guy like Erving or Scott can somehow magically be good. Kind of self inflicted wound and will just make the QB situation that more difficult to evaluate.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah because because we gave Erving a stupid contract doesn’t mean he has to start. He honestly would be a solid backup (G and T) and it should keep him healthy until needed.

Agree on this. Brown did have some rough stretches compared to last week tho to keep it real but i still think he is the guy at guard and Christensen at right tackle. Bouncing these guys around at different positions just does them no good. We are getting closer to week 1 and still doing musical chairs. Christensen isn't a fugin guard. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Spent all of week 1 watching Christensen + Brown and it was a treat. Allowed me to watch LT most of the night tonight... which was disappointing. Scott had some nice moments: sealing off the crashing DE to create an outside run lane and stonewalling a huge bull rush to keep the pocket clean.

Also got to watch Mike Horton a little bit more as well. Might be able to get himself a practice squad spot. Was also interesting seeing Christensen get snaps at G. He's the clear swing guy at this point.

I really, really hope to see the OL look like Moton-Miller-Paradis-Brown-Christensen.

Edited by Icege

5 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Orrrrr they could start BC on the left? You know, where he literally played in college? Why is this not an option???

Rookie LT's who played against less than top flight competition in college starting at LT usually = train wreck.

LT is just a position where you want to avoid starting a rookie at almost all costs.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Rookie LT's who played against less than top flight competition in college starting at LT usually = train wreck.

LT is just a position where you want to avoid starting a rookie at almost all costs.

And RT isn’t? I don’t follow. You’re now asking BC to learn a new position on top of the normal adjustment to league. Could’ve kept him on the left side and sped up his acclimation 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree, tho Rhule said in the NFC S teams are putting their best rushers on the right. But regardless I’d feel much more comfortable with Moton left and anyone else on the right at this point.

The huddle has been calling for Moton at left since this FO can’t comprehend the position or oline altogether.